Just back from Saratoga Springs

Hey Michael! We were there last week too (at OKW - even went for a run over to SSR - would have tried to say hey if I had known you were there!) and the storms were pretty rough.  Sorry y'all had some troubles but wow - I can't believe how much you got done at the MK on a day you hadn't even planned to go!

Hey Michael! We were there last week too (at OKW - even went for a run over to SSR - would have tried to say hey if I had known you were there!) and the storms were pretty rough.  Sorry y'all had some troubles but wow - I can't believe how much you got done at the MK on a day you hadn't even planned to go!

Never stayed at OKW is it better then Saratoga?

After staying at SSR over thanksgiving and OKW last week, we all liked OKW much more. The atmosphere is just so nice, plus the rooms are bigger at OKW. Olivia's is for us a better sit down restaurant than the Turf Club, though I will admit that the CS at SSR is much more expansive both in offerings and in size than the CS at OKW. But the main thing was just the intangible of ambience and comfort. I could easily stay at OKW for each trip and never grow tired of it

Sorry about the bad info on the Storybook Circus FP+ kiosks. They have recently changed things. That place used to be great, with CM's standing around with iPads ready to help. I guess they are cutting back on payroll, and now it's just the built in kiosks. Up until recently, they had a CM at every kiosk to help. Now they are letting guests fend for themselves. This past weekend, I got stuck behind a genius who apparently had somehow never seen a touchscreen before. He could not do a single thing. The CM who was supposed to be helping with that bank of kiosks was busy pin trading, so we had to wait for him to finish so the dumb guest could get his 4th set of FP's. Guess what he chose? The Teacups! It's a good thing they don't allow guns in the parks.

TCD.

Sorry about the bad info on the Storybook Circus FP+ kiosks. They have recently changed things. That place used to be great, with CM's standing around with iPads ready to help. I guess they are cutting back on payroll, and now it's just the built in kiosks. Up until recently, they had a CM at every kiosk to help. Now they are letting guests fend for themselves. This past weekend, I got stuck behind a genius who apparently had somehow never seen a touchscreen before. He could not do a single thing. The CM who was supposed to be helping with that bank of kiosks was busy pin trading, so we had to wait for him to finish so the dumb guest could get his 4th set of FP's. Guess what he chose? The Teacups! It's a good thing they don't allow guns in the parks.

TCD.

Oh its ok I will listen to and try any tip you have. While I have grown up going to Disney and spend 2 or 3 weeks a year there, I know you get to go there way more often then us so I really appreciate any tips you have.

Oh and thanks for reading my little report.

7 Dwarfs, Monsters inc.,Tiki Tiki Birds, Pirates, Thunder Mountain, Splash Moutain, Jungle Cruise, Ariel ride, Barn Stormer, Dumbo, Buzz light year ride, Carosel of Progress, watched Wishes and the castle show, Enchanted tales with Bell, Whinnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, Small world, the Carousel, meet Elsa and Anna, and ended the night at 11:59 walking into PhillarMagic. So that's 21 things we did on top of eating at Cosmic Rays for lunch Harbor house for supper and Casys on the way out after midnight. Not bad for not even planning to be at the MK the morning before.

No A/C sucks, but wow, what a way to make up for it.  Glad they gave the tickets.

It was a fun trip not near as relaxing as I had hoped. I thought leaving the camper at home and the golf carts would make a easy trip. But the fact is to us that stuff and the Fort is what makes the trip for us fun and relaxing. So our next trip will be at the Fort with our toys.

THIS.

Thanks for posting the TR.  I had fun reading along.

This past weekend, I got stuck behind a genius who apparently had somehow never seen a touchscreen before. He could not do a single thing. 

TCD.

Sounds like the guy I was behind at BOG.  Fortunately there was a CM helping, but dear lawd, I think she did everything for him but eat his food.

No A/C sucks, but wow, what a way to make up for it.  Glad they gave the tickets.

THIS.

Thanks for posting the TR.  I had fun reading along.

Glad you had fun. This was my first attempt at a trip report.

Sounds like overall you had a good time. I, like you never realized how much of the MK shuts down during rain. The past 2 nights we lost out on all our fast passes due to rain. I still have not mastered how to get more than 3 fast passes per day. When we stay at the fort we usually plan fast passes after 3pm so we can swim during the day. I guess that is our first mistake because after 6pm there is nothing left to make a 4th FP. Early birds get the worm I suppose.

We enjoy the hotel route also but have realized none of the Disney resorts are worth the price anymore. We can usually stay at the Marriott world center from anywhere from $100-$169 a night and it's much more relaxing and better food. You can barely stay at a value resort for that price and to boot, most of the resort speaks English.

Sounds like overall you had a good time. I, like you never realized how much of the MK shuts down during rain. The past 2 nights we lost out on all our fast passes due to rain. I still have not mastered how to get more than 3 fast passes per day. When we stay at the fort we usually plan fast passes after 3pm so we can swim during the day. I guess that is our first mistake because after 6pm there is nothing left to make a 4th FP. Early birds get the worm I suppose.

We enjoy the hotel route also but have realized none of the Disney resorts are worth the price anymore. We can usually stay at the Marriott world center from anywhere from $100-$169 a night and it's much more relaxing and better food. You can barely stay at a value resort for that price and to boot, most of the resort speaks English.

you should have gotten emails for other choices for your fast pass and some should have been good to use at any time. The storms actually helped me because I was able to hold multiple fast passes at the same time. After using my first 3.

you should have gotten emails for other choices for your fast pass and some should have been good to use at any time. The storms actually helped me because I was able to hold multiple fast passes at the same time. After using my first 3.

We got the emails but unfortunately it rained all night or least enough to keep the outdoor rides closed. The other choices were actually some of the rides that were closed

Great TR Michael.  Our DVC "Home" is at SSR, but my real HOME is still the Fort.  When we "do" DVC, we enjoy spending time there, but it does get a lot of bad press from time to time.  I hated to hear about your A/C issues, because the royally SMB at anytime anyplace in Florida in the summer.

I am with you on this being your first TR. I am trying to fumble through mine now.  TCD and all of the other master writers on here make it look easy.

We got the emails but unfortunately it rained all night or least enough to keep the outdoor rides closed. The other choices were actually some of the rides that were closed

Well that stinks atleast it wasn't your first trip. That's what I try to remember when things aren't going right at Disney. We have already done everything on other trips and we are there to have fun and relax with family. So when it was storming outside we would try to go find a new snack to try.

Great TR Michael.  Our DVC "Home" is at SSR, but my real HOME is still the Fort.  When we "do" DVC, we enjoy spending time there, but it does get a lot of bad press from time to time.  I hated to hear about your A/C issues, because the royally SMB at anytime anyplace in Florida in the summer.

I am with you on this being your first TR. I am trying to fumble through mine now.  TCD and all of the other master writers on here make it look easy.

We really enjoyed the pool area of the resort they had a lot of fun stuff to do and the walks around the resort were nice to. But me and my wife like walking. My sister doesn't like SSR because of all the walking. Also it was very nice to be able to take a boat to downtown Disney.

Thanks for sharing your trip!

TRs always have useful info for future fiend trips and this was no exception.

I have gotten some handy tips out of trip reports before. My favorite was when magic band was first coming out and they still had paper fast passes. TCD had mentioned that your ticket and your room key would issue a fast pass and it did it was great.