The Disney Food Blog has posted a review of Dinner at The Wave... of American Flavors at Disney's Contemporary Resort...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/07/29/guest-review-dinner-at-the-wave-of-american-flavors-at-disneys-contemporary-resort/

Some excerpts...

Bread-and-Butter-600x450.jpg

Bread and Butter

Sustainable-Fish-Taco-Appetizer-Menu-Ite

Sustainable Fish Taco Menu Item

Sustainable-Fish-Taco-Appetizer-600x326.

Sustainable Fish Taco Appetizer

Dry-Rubbed-Flat-Iron-Steak-Menu-Item-600

Dry-Rubbed Flat Iron Steak Menu Item

Dry-Rubbed-Flat-Iron-Steak-600x440.jpg

Dry-Rubbed Flat Iron Steak

Creamy-Flight-Dessert-Menu-Item-600x276.

Creamy Flight Dessert Menu Item

Dessert-600x233.jpg

Desserts

• 1 year later...

A new review has been posted by Disney Food Blog.  We ate here in the bar twice in November and enjoyed it just as much as before. In fact we had that charcuterie board and the "bacon and eggs" - YUM-O X2!

Full review...
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/02/15/review-dinner-at-the-wave-of-american-flavors-at-disneys-contemporary-resort-done/

Excerpts...

Cheese and Charcuterie

Cheese and Charcuterie

Bacon and Eggs

Bacon and Eggs

Braised Lamb Shank

Braised Lamb Shank

Herb Salt Seasoned Beef Tenderloin

Herb Salt Seasoned Beef Tenderloin

1 minute ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

It has a huge lounge area, so perfect for an adult dinner without an ADR. 

Yes! It's kind of become our "go to" if we want TS but haven't planned ahead and don't want to wait forever to eat.

We've had the caesar salad there (terrific) and last year they had this great salad with celery greens, oranges, and almonds that was fabulous. I've had the lamb chops there too and those were great, cooked just right. The one thing I wouldn't recommend are the fish tacos - they were kind of dry and bland.

We usually get a couple of apps and split an entree and it tends to be plenty for us.

They also have great house wines on tap.  :)

Just found my photos from November...

Caesar salad in front, fish tacos in back and I'm pretty sure the bowl was brussel sprouts (I was in the mood)

22371317669_6695ff9c67_b.jpg

I forget what they called this salad - it was a seasonal one that changes. (same fish tacos)

22569359941_ae00048572_b.jpg

Charcuterie - we've had it here a few times, always good.

22371338079_ce0d64b47c_b.jpg

I didn't get good photos the other time we ate here as we were sitting on the couches in the blue rooms off to the side. Comfy, but everything looked blue.  B)

Rene and I saw the entrance a few times when we were heading to the Monorail and wondered what it was like. Looks like we have another place to add to the list to try. I'm not sure about eating under the blue lights but the bar area seems nice enough in the event we decide to just pop in without reservations.

2 hours ago, keith_h said:

Rene and I saw the entrance a few times when we were heading to the Monorail and wondered what it was like. Looks like we have another place to add to the list to try. I'm not sure about eating under the blue lights but the bar area seems nice enough in the event we decide to just pop in without reservations.

Gotta say the blue area was kind of strange.  The couches are comfy and all, and I think it might be a good place to hang out for drinks, but it really did make the food look weird.  Mind you it still tasted good!

Bar area is nice and it seems like the staff is pretty consistent.  We had the same bartender that we'd had the year before.