Kona Island Coffee/Sushi Bar Temporarily Closing

From WDW Magic...

Kona Island at Disney's Polynesian Resort is closing from August 8 to September 30 2014, with an expected reopening to guests on October 1 2014.

Kona Island serves morning coffee and pastries, along with sushi during the evenings. It joins the Nanea Volcano Pool, Barefoot Bay Pool Bar, the original Capt' Cook's, and Trader Jack's as being closed during the Disney Vacation Club redevelopment of the resort.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/kona-island/news/01aug2014-kona-island-at-disney%27s-polynesian-resort-to-temporarily-close-during-lobby-refurbishment.htm

It really is a big ol' mess over there right now.  I'm pretty good about rolling with things and understand the work has to get done sometime, but if I'd booked there before all this started I would *not* be happy.

I wonder if they've had guests asking to switch resorts?

It really is a big ol' mess over there right now.  I'm pretty good about rolling with things and understand the work has to get done sometime, but if I'd booked there before all this started I would *not* be happy.

I wonder if they've had guests asking to switch resorts?

yes. and we have been strongly recommending other hotels. 

I've stayed at Marriott's quite a few times over the years that have been undergoing significant renovations.  Several of those times they've cut the rates, or at the very least they will comp things like breakfast, wifi (when that was extra), etc.  Is Disney doing anything in these regards?  Offering free breakfast maybe?  Anything??

I've stayed at Marriott's quite a few times over the years that have been undergoing significant renovations.  Several of those times they've cut the rates, or at the very least they will comp things like breakfast, wifi (when that was extra), etc.  Is Disney doing anything in these regards?  Offering free breakfast maybe?  Anything??

Free breakfast would discourage the dining plan. No way!