Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom

Any big Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom fans out there??  My daughter LOVES is and moved onto the medium level after our  trip in May. We started to play the mediumin July, but it was so darn hot and then we lost our map...so we only beat one villian that trip.

Anybody know what the deal is with "rare cards?"  Someone told me there is ONE special rare card that is in a pack daily...rumor or fact?

I thought you could only get the rare cards by buying the at the jewelry store on main street.

TCD, do the card traders still meet at Tortuga Tavern? I miss those stories!

The SOTMK fad has run its course in the TCD gang.  The girls each have a complete set of the free cards.  I'm not paying for the special ones.

So, we haven't been by the Tortuga Tavern to check on the SOTMK geeks.  If I had to guess, I would guess that they have moved on as well.  There must be some new geek fad to captivate their attention.

Sorry to say, but the game really isn't that much fun.  It takes a lot of time, and I don't think it ever got to the point where they set it up to work the way that it was intended to.  They dumbed it down so everyone could play it.  You can use any card at any station, and the results are the same.  No thinking or skill required.  What's the point of that?

TCD

When we were there in May, there was a gentleman sitting in Tortuga that was trading cards with folks to help them complete their collections. My daugher love the game, but I agree, it takes ALOT of time.  Generally, she and I will pop over to MK early in the morning just to play the game whilst her Dad works around the RV.  I do wish they would introduce some new cards. I think she has the complete set (or close to it) - minus the special purchase ones.

On our trip in July, she wanted to do the pirate adventure and collect those maps...that one seems more like the Perry's Secret Agent thingy in Epoct....which is fun.  Basically, she like to collect stuff and defeat villians.

I spent a lot of time playing on my solo two week trip a couple of years ago (Dec 2011), and actually advanced to the advanced level, BUT unfortunately, the level only lasts for 30 days, so now I'm back to square one, plus I lost most of my cards during the 2012 WWW :( (They are probably in a corner somewhere in Angie's camper)

For those still in the game (or at least collecting the cards) this is from the Disney Parks Blog...

When Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party returns to Magic Kingdom Park September 1, Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom fans are in for an additional party “treat” – the chance to pick up another event-exclusive game card.

SMK807799.jpg

In case you’re a Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom newbie, SOTMK is an in-park interactive experience that allows guests join Merlin in a quest to defeat a team of Disney villains who are scheming to take over the park. Guests use maps to search for villain’s lairs throughout the park. When they find a magic portal, guests use spell cards that each feature a different magical power to foil a villain’s plan. This complimentary experience begins in the Firehouse on Main Street, U.S.A., where you can pick up everything you need to join in the fun.

This year’s special event card features the Helmsman pirate from the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction.

The Pirate Helmsman’s Bombardment card will be distributed in addition to the regular Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card packs (yes, you can still pick up both while attending the party). Guests must show their party ticket and event wristband in order to get one.

Can’t wait to test this card out? Share your excitement in the comments section below!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/08/new-pirates-sorcerers-of-the-magic-kingdom-card-coming-to-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/