California Grill for Non-Sushi Eating Guests?

I got reservations at California Grill last week but am having second thoughts.  This was David's most-wished restaurant to visit next trip.  He has fond memories of our many visits there when it was the Top of the World.

David won't eat sushi, and although I like it, I don't eat it either because of the carbs.

I'm reading reviews, and they aren't good.  I saw a picture of the filet, and it looks like about three bites.  Certainly not worth $50, especially since I won't eat the risotto that accompanies it.

Opinions, please?

We've eaten there several times and really enjoyed it, and we do NOT eat Sushi.  Rick usually has whatever "beef" they have, I've tried several things, one time I even tried Ostrich.  It was a good meal each and every time. Because it is so high end, I'm sure they will customize your dinner any way you wish.

Opinions, please?

You must be reading different reviews than I am because all the reviews I've seen, even Zagat, consistently give it a 4 to 4-1/2 stars out of 5.

They have a varied menu and finding something other than sushi shouldn't be a problem.

It is pricy, but you know that going in. I reserve it for special occasions only.

DW & I ate at CG last winter.  I had the Pork Two Ways in spite of the description Lacquered Belly. DW had the Jumbo Scallops. Our meals were delicious. We went late enough to be able to view the MK fireworks from the rooftop viewing deck.