I'd love to hear from anyone attending MNSSHP, were you able to ride the Mine Train? What was the wait like? We will be attending MVMCP, and am very keen to ride, but I'm not going to spend the whole party waiting on line. Thanks!

Good question.  The first MNSSHP party was last night, so it may take a while to get an answer. My guess is that there will still be a wait, but much less than during a normal park day.  The best bet would be to go during one of the parade performances.  And, or course, there's the old trick of jumping in line a couple of minutes before the party ends.  I'll bet that one still works.

I wanted to mention to you that I have seen multiple reports confirming that you can register your MNSSHP tickets on My Disney Experience, and use those tickets to reserve FP+ attractions for the day of a party between the hours of 4 and 7.  I imagine that would work for the MVMCP's too.  If you're a resort guest, that gives you a crack at FP+'s for Mine Train 60 days in advance.  That might work- it's worth a try.

TCD

Before the park closes to day-guests, or before the party ends? Do they kick non-party guests out of the line? That'd shorten the wait a bit! Lol.

Before the party ends.... Josh says that's the best time to ride without FP+ on a regular day. I think the party will give you more of an advantage. And, you won't waste party time waiting. 

Before the party ends.... Josh says that's the best time to ride without FP+ on a regular day. I think the party will give you more of an advantage. And, you won't waste party time waiting.

Solid logic, but party nights are hard close at 12. So they shut the line earlier so the last guest exits the ride at 12. All doors are locked and lights out.

So I'd get there early and ride during the 4 to 7 time frame.

Oh, I didn't even know FP was available during the parties. Doesn't help me, though. Military-discounted party tickets are not sold in advance, so no FPs for me! Hoping the line is short.

FP+ is not available during the parties.  The parties officially run between 7 pm and midnight.  But, a party ticket allows you to enter the park at 4 pm.  Between 4pm and 7pm, party goers can use FP+ just like everyone else.  However, it is highly unlikely that you will be able to walk in the park and book FP+ reservations for the Mine Train-those will have been snapped-up by resort guests 60 days in advance. After 7 pm, they don't use FP+ on party nights.  That fact will help move the stand-by lines quicker.

Solid logic, but party nights are hard close at 12. So they shut the line earlier so the last guest exits the ride at 12. All doors are locked and lights out.

So I'd get there early and ride during the 4 to 7 time frame.

This hard close is not consistent with my experience.  When I have attended MNSSHP's, the end of the party is like any other end of the night at the MK.  They do not shut down lines early.  You can jump in line at 11:59, and ride if you wish.  We did that for Space Mountain in the past.  Of course, at that time of night, Space Mountain was a walk on, so there was no long line keeping us from riding and getting out of the park right after midnight.  They very well may have to cut the Mine Train line early, because I doubt it will be a walk-on at anytime of the night.

On some nights, that 4-7 strategy might work, but not on the nights I've been to a MNSSHP.  The park is busy between 4-7 because there are day guests there still, and party goers arriving.  I don't think there will be short waits for the Mine Train during those hours.  But, luckily for Santa, we have two months worth of MNSSHP to look at to see what happens.

TCD

Well, what do you know?  GDF's boyfriend, Josh, posted data on wait times from this year's first MNSSHP, including the Mine Train:

partywaits0901.jpg

I don't know how this guy does it, but he does.  You can read his whole blog post about it here:  http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized/seven-dwarfs-mine-train-waits-during-the-first-halloween-party/

So, that's some good news.

I'll bet that posted 20 minute wait time at 11:45 was less than 20 minutes.  This chart also reinforces what I said about wait times between 4 pm and 7 pm.  However, look at the mountains-especially between 6 and 7- they all have pretty short wait times in that time period.  Clearly, everyone's trying to get on the Mine Train then.

TCD

I don't know how this guy does it, but he does. 

I don't know how he does it, but if I wanted to come up with an identical page, I would go on "The HUB", find a page called "tip board" which shows the projected wait times for all the attractions at any park on one page and record the waits times at 15 minute intervals.

Gee, I wonder if he has access?

I don't know how he does it, but if I wanted to come up with an identical page, I would go on "The HUB", find a page called "tip board" which shows the projected wait times for all the attractions at any park on one page and record the waits times at 15 minute intervals.

Gee, I wonder if he has access?

Really?

Then maybe you could make us charts like this, and then none of us would have to go over to his site.

Do you have Excel on that Commodore64?

TCD

Then maybe you could make us charts like this, and then none of us would have to go over to his site.

Do you have Excel on that Commodore64?

I'll pass, but if you knew someone(s) with access, they could do it for you.

No Excel, as it came out 5 years after the C64 did, but I do have spreadsheet software.

Lets just say 10000 is nothing. You could actually find a parade spot 10 mins before the parade stepped off, on the curb, without fighting for space.

We almost forgot there were guests in the park it was so dead.

That sounds nice.

I'm always the lucky one who somehow ends up at a sold out party.  Those are not dead.

TCD

We actually enjoyed both MNSSHP and MVMCP before we AP's  it was a cheaper way to enjoy the MK with less crowds.  It always made us chuckle when 7pm arrived and people without party bracelets were not allowed on rides and pretty much driven to leave the parks.  I actually planned a regional meeting with fellow directors a few years back and took them all to a MVMCP on a first Tuesday of December.  After 8pm all rides including SM were a walk on.  They all had a great time and were so impressed. 

Now here's my rant.  As far as the mine train goes, IMHO this is the most overrated ride Disney has had.  Yes it's fun, the detail is great but it's no more to me than a minute longer than the barnstormer with a lot of nice foliage mixed in.  I will ride it with a FP but wont waste my time in SB.  I guess you should all be lucky that in mid stream of building this thing they didn't spray paint it blue and write frozen on the side.  the wait times would triple.  Don't get me going on Frozen.  thats a rant for another time  :)

We actually enjoyed both MNSSHP and MVMCP before we AP's  it was a cheaper way to enjoy the MK with less crowds.  It always made us chuckle when 7pm arrived and people without party bracelets were not allowed on rides and pretty much driven to leave the parks.  I actually planned a regional meeting with fellow directors a few years back and took them all to a MVMCP on a first Tuesday of December.  After 8pm all rides including SM were a walk on.  They all had a great time and were so impressed. 

Now here's my rant.  As far as the mine train goes, IMHO this is the most overrated ride Disney has had.  Yes it's fun, the detail is great but it's no more to me than a minute longer than the barnstormer with a lot of nice foliage mixed in.  I will ride it with a FP but wont waste my time in SB.  I guess you should all be lucky that in mid stream of building this thing they didn't spray paint it blue and write frozen on the side.  the wait times would triple.  Don't get me going on Frozen.  thats a rant for another time  :)I agree, the Mine train did not come up to anything special. A very short roller coaster with a slow trip through mine and another very short coaster ride.