We are going to be bringing all our own food into the parks for our upcoming trip.  I was planning to bring lunch and dinner into AK, so was planning to bring a soft sided cooler with our food in it.  However, Disney Addicts just posted that coolers are not allowed in AK. http://www.disneyaddicts.com/can-bring-picnic-lunch-disney-parks-1285/

Is this true?  If this is true, can we bring food in backpacks into the park?  If not, are there lockers outside the gates where we can store a cooler?

I'm not sure about specific cooler restrictions to AK but there are lockers both near the front of the park and over by Kali River Rapids.

More info...

Multi-use, key-operated lockers can be opened and closed as often as you like.

A $5 refundable deposit is required for each locker key. You must return your locker key no later than one hour after park closing to receive the deposit refund.

Large Small 17.5"h x 12"w x 16" deep 11"h x 9"w x 16" deep $10/day + key deposit $8/day + key deposit

Multi-Park Locker Rentals
When visiting more than one park per day, simply return your locker key to receive your original $5 deposit. Then, present your receipt (plus the deposit) at the second theme park to gain access to another locker for the remainder of the day at no additional cost.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/locker-rentals/

The only restriction re: AK that I could find on the Disney site is this...

Balloons, straws and drink lids are not permitted in Disney's Animal Kingdom Park for the safety of our animals

That's on the same page where they list cooler restrictions and it does not say you can't bring a cooler into AK.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/restricted-personal-items/

I've seen rolling coolers many times recently in the parks.  They're dangerous, and shouldn't be permitted.  But, they let them in.

Yep.  And apparently rolling luggage is ok too.  Or at least it was for the woman dragging it behind her without a care in the world in a crowded MK the day I almost went flying after tripping over it.  :grumpy2:

Yep.  And apparently rolling luggage is ok too.  Or at least it was for the woman dragging it behind her without a care in the world in a crowded MK the day I almost went flying after tripping over it.  :grumpy2:

Here's just two photos of guests with rolling coolers that I took in June.

This gentleman was in plain sight in Hollywood Studios:

6814129_zps3bcad37a.jpg

And this one was in the Magic Kingdom:

6814353_zps020ac492.jpg

I don't see how those could have been snuck in.

TCD