According to WDWMagic, the Cinderella Castle Dreamlights installation has begun this week.

The first sections of the Dreamlights are now being installed at Cinderella Castle. The crane is not yet onsite, but typically appears around mid-September to complete the work. The lights are displayed as part of Cinderella's Holiday Wish.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/cinderellas-holiday-wish/news/03sep2014-photos---castle-dreamlight-installation-underway-at-the-magic-kingdom.htm

With all the time they spend putting them up and taking them down, I'm surprised they haven't found a version of them that people can't see during non-Christmas months.

I was thinking the same thing. At least you would think they could camouflage the higher lights on the castle and just take lower lights down.

I'm surprised they haven't found a version of them that people can't see during non-Christmas months. 

Maybe they haven't found that version because they're searching for them during non-Christmas months and can't see them.

I was thinking the same thing. At least you would think they could camouflage the higher lights on the castle and just take lower lights down.

What's the opposite of great minds think alike?

Hey Lou. Look up light locker.

Someone was smart enough to make Christmas lights that can be left up year around and hidden.

Why can't Disney figure out how to leave the castle lights up?

Hey Ray, I looked up "Lite Locker". BTW, the info is from 2010. I bet sales have gone through the roof. Pun intended.

Do you really think that system is a good idea and that the castle is a practical application for it?

$70 to cover up 24 feet, I wonder how many feet of lights are on the castle?

I tried to buy the system, but I can't find the company that sells it.

The way they have the castle lights up are the very unobtrusive, and they probably could be left up, BUT FL weather in the summer beating on those things all year, would still mean a crane up there every season to repair and make sure they work.

Probably just way easier to take them down, and repair, refabricate, and update on the ground in a climate controlled warehouse.

Hey Ray, I looked up "Lite Locker". BTW, the info is from 2010. I bet sales have gone through the roof. Pun intended.

Do you really think that system is a good idea and that the castle is a practical application for it?

$70 to cover up 24 feet, I wonder how many feet of lights are on the castle?

I tried to buy the system, but I can't find the company that sells it.

As you know I do a big Christmas display every year and talked to local company about installing their version of hidden lights and they charged $2/ foot led lights installed. That's not bad if you go price a string of c9 led lights.

No I don't think the light locker system would work on the castle nor did I say it would. I used it as an example of how lights can be hidden and left up year around.

I would think Someone with your background wouldn't just write off an idea because it's hard to do.

The way they have the castle lights up are the very unobtrusive, and they probably could be left up, BUT FL weather in the summer beating on those things all year, would still mean a crane up there every season to repair and make sure they work.

Probably just way easier to take them down, and repair, refabricate, and update on the ground in a climate controlled warehouse.

Great point.

I would think Someone with your background wouldn't just write off an idea because it's hard to do.

I do write it off but not because it's hard to do, but because of the effect that they're going after.

It's not just lights on a building, that's easy, and they do have lights on buildings all over WDW that are left up year round. It's the icicle effect dripping off the roofs and sides of the spires and main structure. How in the world could you ever hide that and still achieve the desired visual effect?

The only thing I can come up with is to project it onto the castle, but you're not going to get the brightness that you get with individual lights or match the effect.

It would still look somewhat cool though.

WDWMagic is reporting that that crane used to install the Cinderella Castle Dreamlights is in place today and will be through September 21, weather permitting.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/cinderellas-holiday-wish/news/08sep2014-cinderella-castle-dream-lights-crane-installation-dates.htm