The Disney Food Blog has posted a review of 50s Prime Time Cafe at Disney's Hollywood Studios...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/09/21/review-50s-prime-time-cafe-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

Some excerpts...

Fried-Herb-and-Garlic-Cheese-50s-Prime-T

Fried Herb and Garlic Cheese

Grandpas-Crab-Cake-50s-Prime-Time-600x41

Grandpa’s Crab Cake

Onion-Rings-50s-Prime-Time-Cafe-600x400.

Beer Battered Onion Rings

Dads-Grilled-Pork-Chop-50s-Prime-Time-60

Dad’s Grilled Pork Chop

Moms-Old-Fashioned-Pot-Roast-50s-Prime-T

Mom’s Old-Fashioned Pot Roast

Chicken-Pot-Pie-50s-Prime-Time-Cafe-600x

Grandma’s Chicken Pot Pie

fried-chicken1-500x333.jpg

Aunt Liz’s Golden Fried Chicken

Smores-Dessert-50s-Prime-Time-Cafe-600x4

S’mores

boston-cream-pie-sundae.jpg

Boston Cream Parfait

I love their fried chicken! I wish they still put on the "show" like they used to. The first time I was there many moons ago, several people were in the corner, getting chastised for elbows on the table, and I was fed my vegetables via airplane into the hangar. I don't see anything like that anymore so it's not as fun :unsure:

This one had me at "chunks of cream cheese frosting"...

The Red Velvet Cake Milkshake was calling my name for sure! Cupcake + Milkshake? What??

Red-Velvet-Cupcake-Milkshake-375x625.jpg

Pouring the Red Velvet Cupcake Milkshake

Incredible. Right down to the CHUNKS OF CREAM CHEESE FROSTING. I’m not even joking. They clearly had my number with this one.

Red-Velvet-Cupcake-Milkshake-2-456x625.j

Red Velvet Cupcake Milkshake

I love their fried chicken! I wish they still put on the "show" like they used to. The first time I was there many moons ago, several people were in the corner, getting chastised for elbows on the table, and I was fed my vegetables via airplane into the hangar. I don't see anything like that anymore so it's not as fun :unsure:

Maybe it depends on the server? Ours took my friend's phone and hung up on her husband (who had just called her) because it's rude to talk on the phone at the table. The kids cracked up. 

Maybe it depends on the server? Ours took my friend's phone and hung up on her husband (who had just called her) because it's rude to talk on the phone at the table. The kids cracked up. 

I love it, too funny! You're probably right, maybe just a few bad servers not playing their parts well

• 1 year later...

Disney Food Blog has posted a new review...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/03/17/review-50s-prime-time-cafe-at-disneys-hollywood-studios-2/?utm_content=buffer1b513&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Some excerpts...

Aunt Liz's Golden Fried Chicken

Aunt Liz’s Golden Fried Chicken

Lettuce Wedge

Lettuce Wedge

Cousin Ann's Traditional Meatloaf

Cousin Ann’s Traditional Meatloaf

Remember that if you’d like to try all three of the restaurant’s most popular dishes, you CAN order the trio — appetizer sized portions of meatloaf, fried chicken, and pot roast!

A Sampling of Mom's Favorites

A Sampling of Mom’s Favorites

Mom's Favorite Chocolate Peanut Butter Layers Cake

Mom’s Favorite Chocolate Peanut Butter Layers Cake

Dad's Brownie Sundae

Dad’s Brownie Sundae