WDWMagic is reporting changes to the monorail schedule effective September 27..

A new revised operating schedule for the Walt Disney World Monorail system will be in operation from September 27 2014.

The current schedule can be seen here, and the schedule for September 27 and beyond is as below.

• Magic Kingdom Resort beam - 7am to 1 hour after park close
  • Magic Kingdom Express beam - 8:30am to 1 hour following park close
  • Epcot beam - 8am to 11pm or 1 hour after Magic Kingdom closes (whichever is earliest)

http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportation/monorail/news/23sep2014-new-monorail-operating-schedule-to-begin-on-september-27.htm

Thanks for posting this.

Question

If I am camping at The Fort and want to be at Epcot by 8:30am for 9:00am for opening.

We will not have car, only golf cart.

What is going to be my best route?

Would like to ride monorail but not sure that will work if we want to be there by 8:30am.

Quickest way- take cart to Outpost.  Take bus marked Epcot.  It will take you straight there.

TCD

Riding the monorail is fun!  What I suggest is definitely follow TCD's for how to get to Epcot for "rope drop".  

Then, plan a day or five to just relax and enjoy WDW without going to a park.  After enjoying some of the many things Fort Wilderness has to offer, take the boat to MK and then the monorail to the Contemporary, the Polynesian, and the Grand Floridian, getting off at each stop to enjoy the ambiance of each resort.  After the Grand Floridian, take the monorail to the TTC and ride the loop that goes through Epcot.  Then, go back to MK and enjoy the boat ride home.  Pick up a Giddy-up and Go from the Trail's End take-out menu on your way back to your campsite.  I hear it is delicious!

Mo, just in case Lou isn't on here in the next couple of days, do you think I should call his rotary cell phone.  I'm positive he will want to know.   :beathorse:

Mo, just in case Lou isn't on here in the next couple of days, do you think I should call his rotary cell phone.  I'm positive he will want to know.  

Because I will never again get a radio message telling me to head over to the Poly and GF and pick up guests and bring them to the MK because the monorail is down again, I don't care.

Well considering it'll take a few days before he gets the message you'll have to leave...

Few days, isn't that being overly optimistic?