SO, I am painting a bunch of disney characters on the walls of our upstairs livingroom. I wanted some of them to be doing my daughters favorite things. For example, she likes stories about magic - - - thus Sorcerer Mickey.  I also have tigger playing the violin because she plays the violin.

My question is, I found a picture of goofy playing basketball that I can project it on the wall and trace it, but she doesn't play basketball. I removed the basketball and replaced it with a volleyball in photoshop. The question is...does it look weird????  I mean, in the strictest sense...he's not dressed for volleyball...but changing his outfit is beyond my skill level.

GoofyVolleyball_zps531ac4c4.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The project, not Lou's balls ; )

True friends will understand your love for all things Disney no matter your/your kids ages.  Hmmm.......Maybe that's why we have no social life......

Not that I know anything about drawing, painting, or Photoshop, but how about adding part of a volleyball net instead of changing Goofy's outfit?

This might also be above my skill level. If someone else hasn't drawn it for me, it's not happening...but it's a good idea!!!!

Ya know, my other dilemma with the whole project is that all my characters MUST be standing on something. For example, the bottom of Mickey's shoes are on top of the baseboard.  I can't have random characters floating around (I am illustrating my OCD tendancies). I am doing Fairy Minnie Mouse, so she'll be flying around above the TV niche. They all have to be the same size-ish too.  The front wall has a TV niche and these two weirdo niches on either side that quite frankly make no sense. They might get shelves eventually, which would give the characters something to stand on. :1sm056pullhair:

I am happy to have the fiends however. Most of my friends think I am a lunatic for doing this in the first place. Given that we have no really young children. :smug:

HMMM, I might be about to work with the net on the 2nd one.  The drawings have to be pretty simplistic for me to work with.

And don't hesitate to use markers instead of paint for certain elements. You can get them in very large flat tip widths.

I fill in the character and other items, then out line it with a black marker rather than try to paint the outline. The marker outline gives you a fool proof line width.

I can help. If you would like.<br /><br /><br />I can help if needed. Let me know.

Are you offering to help me with my project or Lou with this ping-pong balls? :rofl2:

And don't hesitate to use markers instead of paint for certain elements. You can get them in very large flat tip widths.

I fill in the character and other items, then out line it with a black marker rather than try to paint the outline. The marker outline gives you a fool proof line width.

I have been using a black paint pen to do the outline over the pencil lines I make with the projector. Are there other marker types you'd recommend? To fill them in,  I'm just using basic $.69 acrylic paint from Michael's because I am cheap.