We upgraded our AP so I'm thinking about visiting a water park tomorrow with my son, weather permitting, and have never been. How does it work? Do you have to wear water shoes or is there a place to put your shoes by the ride? And towels? We can keep those nearby too? I assume there will be lockers? Thanks for answering my stupid questions and anything else you can add :blink: oh and which water park is better?

Based on your questions, I don't think you grasp how big the water parks are.

For most of the slides, you will be exiting in a different location from the entrance.

There are lockers for rent, but we always just find a chair to leave our stuff on, and then we go and have fun.  You can wear water shoes around if you want, but you don't have to.  Towels are not provided- you have to bring your own.

I prefer Typhoon Lagoon because of the wave pool, the Crushin' Gusher coaster, and Shark Reef.  Blizzard Beach has a better lazy river, and much bigger children and teen areas.  Also, the Blizzard Beach family raft ride is way better that Typhoon Lagoon's.  You need to try them both out for yourself.

TCD

It's been a long time, but for the biggest slides, I think you had to take off your water shoes, and hold them as you crossed your arms across your chest

I havent been to a water park in a long time and haven't ridden a water slide in an even longer time.  The lazy river is more my speed nowadays.

We went to both this summer and had fun at both. If we had to pick one it would be TL. Just make sure you get the Pail bucket of ice cream. It's great it's like the GAG of deserts at Disney. Google it for a photo.

When my youngest son was little he asked for that and being a soft touch dad that I am and we were on vacation I said sure why not. Well after some time of being the only one eating the ice cream I asked if he was going to have some, the reply was I only wanted the bucket to play in the sand :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

When my youngest son was little he asked for that and being a soft touch dad that I am and we were on vacation I said sure why not. Well after some time of being the only one eating the ice cream I asked if he was going to have some, the reply was I only wanted the bucket to play in the sand :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Sounds like a win/win.  You got the ice cream, he got the bucket.  Of course, that was one expensive bucket.

TCD

Sounds like a win/win.  You got the ice cream, he got the bucket.  Of course, that was one expensive bucket.

TCD

I felt like I ate the whole thing by myself and trust me when I say I was uncomfortable for awhile after that. I think the sand bucket by itself might have been cheaper.