Camping recommendations near NASA?

For our November trip we are hoping to stop near the Kennedy Space Center for a full day visit. Does anyone have a campground recommendation in that area? I'm hoping for something within 20 minutes or so driving distance, but the closer, the better. 

I know there is a campground at Jetty Park, which looks like the closest, but it didn't have great reviews. Has anyone stayed there and liked it?

We have stayed there and I like it!  Haven't been for about 3 years and they have done a lot of up-grades to the camp grounds.  Even put in "cabins".  I like it because it's almost on the ocean, the cruise ships head in and out of port right next to the camp ground, there is a long fishing pier that is great to walk on and looks like fishing is good there too.  If a rocket happens to be heading to space while you are at JP, the view is spectacular! 

It's a nothing fancy CG, but the folks I met were friendly. 

If you like or don't like cats, you should know there is a group of feral cats.  They are part of a spay/neuter and release program.  DO NOT FEED THE CATS!  there are local people who take care of that on a regular basis.

Bathrooms are basic and were clean when we were there.

Washers and dryers are available.

Nice playground for kids.

Of course, since I haven't been there for awhile things could be different.  I would go back, given the chance.

This is very encouraging!

I found some pictures, and while the sites are a little closer together than we normally like (We're state park campers, typically), the amazing views of the cruise ships just might make it worth it! The girls would love that playground, too. 

Thank you guys for the input!

Grumpy Dave must be too busy having fun at the Fort, so here's a link to his short and sweet Jetty Park trip report from March:  http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/12380-jetty-park-short-and-sweet/

For what it's worth Grumpy and Grandma get around, so if they liked it, that's good enough for me.

TCD

Thanks, TCD!  This really did help. I think I will go ahead and book there, looks like a good time. I remember sailing by it on the Magic and it looked like a great location!

http://www.campingroadtrip.com/campgrounds/state/florida/city/kennedy%20space%20center/showresults/true

This shows sites withing 25 miles of Kennedy Space Center.

I haven't been to any of them, just supplying the link so you can be more confused!  :-)

That is an awesome site! I think I'll use that for the rest of the trip, too. :) Thank you!