Welcome to the wonderful world of Disney DiningTM.

TCD

We have never made ADR.  With our upcoming trip I have 3.  I am guessing that I did not put enough money in the budget so suffice to say that we will be eating a la crockpot.

I was shocked at the price when I reserved for 10 adults and 2 kids at the HDDR and had to pay when I made the reservation.

I thought it was like a room reservation and you could pay just a little or pay when you arrived.

Same here!  

One thing to keep in mind about Mickey's Backyard BBQ and the HDDR is that the price includes tax and gratuity. I'm not saying it's a deal, but once you prepay, you don't spend any more money. They also include beer and wine. 

I saw that as I was going through the reservation.  You are right, it doesn't make it roll into a great deal any way you look at it.  Have you ever had Chef Mickey's?  I am hoping that it is not this expensive.  

I saw that as I was going through the reservation. You are right, it doesn't make it roll into a great deal any way you look at it. Have you ever had Chef Mickey's? I am hoping that it is not this expensive.

Chef Mickey's is also super expensive. And those prices don't include tax or gratuity. I prefer the BBQ.

We have never made ADR.  With our upcoming trip I have 3.  I am guessing that I did not put enough money in the budget so suffice to say that we will be eating a la crockpot.

Just wait to see the quality of what you get to eat after forking over all that money.

That crock pot is going to be busy.

That's the beauty of the Fort.

TCD

Just wait to see the quality of what you get to eat after forking over all that money.

That crock pot is going to be busy.

That's the beauty of the Fort.

TCD

HDDR food was decent but not memorable (my smoked ribs and chicken are better).  THe show was good and the free drinks were a nice plus, but overall I think it was overpriced. 

But it's always booked, so they are not going to lower the price. " Build it and they will come" attitude.  They have said for years that Disney will raise admission prices every year until attendance drops off then either hold it or drop the price.  That still hasn't happened.

We did the Banana Beach buffet at Aquatica a couple of months ago.  It was $18 for all day,drinks included (no alcohol) or show, food was decent, pizza, pulled pork, hot dogs, sides and desserts (baked chicken was real good). You could come and go all day. It made the day a lot simpler since they only allow you to bring in water and snack sized portions into the park.

I know thats comparing apples to oranges, but it does show that the parks can keep prices affordable.