Don't know if this has been mentioned, but part of the renovation at the BYBBQ included the addition of Coke dispensers. If you remember it use to be tea, lemonade, water, beer and wine well we now have numerous Coke products. Also the new steam tables are now electirc instead of the old sterno burners. As usual the food and entertainment was wonderful.

Good to know it has been over 20 years since I saw HDDR. And was thinking about taking my little girl to one or the other.

If you go get there 45 minutes early to see Chip & Dale and Goofy (photos and autographs) Mickey and Minnie do the photos and autographs part way through the show and at the end. Mickey, Minnie and Goofy come out and dance with the kids (and adults) several times during the show as well. Chip and Dale come back out for the finale with the other 3.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but part of the renovation at the BYBBQ included the addition of Coke dispensers. If you remember it use to be tea, lemonade, water, beer and wine well we now have numerous Coke products. Also the new steam tables are now electirc instead of the old sterno burners. As usual the food and entertainment was wonderful.

It's been mentioned:

But someone left the gate behind the stage at the Backyard BBQ open:

52314295_zps8058e1aa.jpg

So, I had to peek.

Look what's posted on the wall next to the stage:

52314296_zpsec87f666.jpg

That's the playlist for the Backyard BBQ.

If you want to have a fun party some time, you could download those songs onto your iPod, and go to town.

But I'd be ready to shoot myself if I had to listen to all these songs in one sitting:

52314297_zps221c1e89.jpg

Hey, is that stolen property from the Contemporary Resort there on the stage?:

52314299_zps52baebf1.jpg

As you may recall, the pavilion was shut down for a couple of months earlier this year while work was being done on it. It doesn't look like any of that work was done on the stage:

52314301_zpsfb067bd4.jpg

Those drink machines in the back look new to me:

52314302_zps45a62f4f.jpg

Maybe I don't remember these because they wheel them in and out?:

52314303_zpsb9054773.jpg

I sure don't remember these signs they have on the tops of the machines:

52314304_zps19639cfb.jpg

52314305_zpsb473552c.jpg

I get the Bay Lake reference. And I know that Walt Disney's middle name was Elias, so I assume that's what the second sign is referring to.

This ice cream freezer was plugged in and running, but it wasn't full of Mickey Premium Bars:

52314306_zps4c172ebb.jpg

This area back here used to be part of River Country, and it doesn't look much different now than it did then:

52314307_zps4531c945.jpg

Here's something new. There used to be a tree here. A River Birch. With an identifying sign and everything. Now, it's a nice drainage area:

52314308_zpsc3186214.jpg

But, you still get credit for posting about an actual visit to the Backyard BBQ. And you get credit for reporting on the new steam tables.

So good job.

TCD

We've never done Mickey's Backyard BBQ, I'm wondering if older kids would enjoy it? On our last trip we did no character meals, the kids just weren't into it, they preferred eating sushi in Epcot. But I love character meals and if you all think the kids would enjoy it, I'd drag them all over there. Plus we all love a decent bbq. 

But I'm old and can't remember what you posted yesterday, :rotfl6: Also the drink dispensers are what helped delay the reopening of the pavilion back in March.

You do alright for an old guy.

I didn't know they didn't serve Coke products there before.

You do a good job keeping us up to date on new developments- so please keep it up.

By the way- I've been meaning to check- is the calliope in the horse barn?  With the posts lately about the truck and trailer being moved, I've wondered if something has happened or is about to happen with the calliope.

TCD

You do alright for an old guy.

By the way- I've been meaning to check- is the calliope in the horse barn?  With the posts lately about the truck and trailer being moved, I've wondered if something has happened or is about to happen with the calliope.

TCD

Thanks.  I'll go check.

Nevermind, I just answered my own question by walking through a reservation.  Wow.  Pricey for a party of 7. 

I was shocked at the price when I reserved for 10 adults and 2 kids at the HDDR and had to pay when I made the reservation.

I thought it was like a room reservation and you could pay just a little or pay when you arrived.