Loop 700 - what would you recommend for this situation?

Hi Guys, I'm heading down for almost 2 weeks on Saturday, and I'm thinking of requesting Loop 700 this time. I hear it was recently renovated. There are 2 RV's of us traveling, and I want a site deep enough that my teen son can set up his tent behind our RV...what 2 sites would you recommend so we can request being next to our friends but one of the sites being deep enough for my son's tent? Any thoughts?

Not a 700 person, but CC Intrique (Gwen) is so hopefully she'll chime in. Also we have an app for that, complete with pics and measurements.. Fort Wilderness Sites, it's available on both I phone and Android. Have a great time.

Edit: Tom wins!

The page below has information and links to maps, videos, Google Earth and mobile apps providing detailed information on Fort Wilderness camping loops, site classifications and site sizes and specs.

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loop-information/site-classifications-r61

Thanks guys, I've been looking at the app and the videos, too. I posted anyway because I thought there may be things I can't tell just by looking at those and some of you might have a few favorites...personally my fav loops are 300 and 600, but my buddy and his fam want to try 700 this time.

If you're arriving this Saturday, November 1, I would suggest that you have some alternative loops in mind.  The Fort is likely to be pretty full of folks who are spending the Halloween weekend there.

Gwen stated in another thread that there have been very few open sites on the 700 loop lately.  That loop attracts a lot of guests with long stays.  The chances of getting two sites next to each other on that Saturday aren't so good.

Do you have premium sites reserved?  If so, 300 isn't an option.

I assume you know that the premium sites are all pavement- no tent pads.  So, your son may be setting up that tent on a concrete slab.

TCD

Last year we stayed in sight 821, and my son put his tent in the Pineneedles right behind the RV, and he said it was very comfortable. I'm actually not coming in until Sunday morning now that I look at my calendar. I'm actually spending Saturday night at Wekiwa State Park a little north to go see the springs and do some kayaking. My buddy will arrive ahead of me on Saturday. we are pretty flexible, if we can't get 700 it's no big loss, he just liked it from a previous stay. It's more important that we be close together so our kids can play and it's easy cooking meals and so on. So that will mean more than which actual loop it is.

Last year we stayed in sight 821, and my son put his tent in the Pineneedles right behind the RV, and he said it was very comfortable. I'm actually not coming in until Sunday morning now that I look at my calendar. I'm actually spending Saturday night at Wekiwa State Park a little north to go see the springs and do some kayaking. My buddy will arrive ahead of me on Saturday. we are pretty flexible, if we can't get 700 it's no big loss, he just liked it from a previous stay. It's more important that we be close together so our kids can play and it's easy cooking meals and so on. So that will mean more than which actual loop it is.

The sites on 800, especially those on the outer loop toward the back, have plenty of space behind them to pitch a tent. Not so on the 700 loop.  I remember camping on a site, I believe it was 730, that had no room behind the slab for a tent or anything else.

800 is a popular loop for Halloween, and I wouldn't expect many open sites there for Saturday.

If the most important thing is for your sites to be next to each other, make sure that your reservations are "linked."  That's the magic word. They'll do their best to get you next to each other.

TCD

If the most important thing is for your sites to be next to each other, make sure that your reservations are "linked."  That's the magic word. They'll do their best to get you next to each other.

TCD

Thanks Andrew!  I did not know this; may be useful information for us in the future...I'll have to add this to my "Fort Info" list :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually spending Saturday night at Wekiwa State Park a little north to go see the springs and do some kayaking. My buddy will arrive ahead of me on Saturday. 

I love that place. Lived right around the corner.  Did you write about it? I would love to see a mini trip report on that! My girls attended Wekiva Elementary years and years and years ago.