Atmosphere at the Fort for Thanksgiving

I am wondering what the atmosphere or mood is like at Fort Wilderness during Thanksgiving? I was there during Halloween and some of the campers were down right rowdy and even drunkenly obscene. We drove our golf cart around the night before Halloween and a group of men cursed at us for ruining their night vision to play corn hole! So as you can see after that experience I will not be returning for Halloween, but I am hoping thanksgiving is more family friendly.

Speaking as someone that doesn't stay there, but is there just about every week, it's my favorite single day of the year. I feel that everyone should experience it at least once, but camping at the Fort during the Halloween period is not for everyone.

The difference between Halloween and Thanksgiving is very noticeable. But there is always the chance that they'll be rowdy people there no matter when you go.

We alternate years between Halloween and Thanksgiving and they are very different times.

Halloween is a big ol' party, no question - and even more so when it falls on a weekend.

Thanksgiving feels like much more of a family affair. Many times we've camped alongside extended families that have made Thanksgiving dinner at the Fort their annual tradition.  That plus everything being decorated for Christmas just makes it a festive, fun (albeit a bit busy) time of year.

Last year we were at the Fort Sat.-Wed. of Thanksgiving week (never could get that full week reservation in time) in the dreaded 2000 loop and it was crowded but ok.  There were some large groups in adjoining campsites with kids running/biking/scootering everywhere.  Two little girls were playing in the shower one morning before I got in the other shower, while I was taking my shower, after I got out of my shower and after I walked back to the campsite, did some things and realized I'd left my towel and walked back to the comfort station. I think the shower was their personal waterpark for the day. I saw two probably drunk people get behind the wheel of a golf cart and drive off without their lights on at night. That was probably the scariest thing.