Or whatever you want to wind up.

Im sure everyone has seen or has these, but I have dismissed them the past few years.

20141114_122153_zpsi81b801x.jpg

20141114_122210_zpsbu0q2103.jpg

Well this year while digging through multiple boxes for lights and extension cords then sitting in the middle of the tangled mess of them I decided there had to be a better way.

I was heading to home depot anyway so decided to pick up one and try it out. 

Im now in love!

The first one I bought I filled with lights. Then read the package and got to thinking about the 3 or 4 extension cords I always take with or spend most of their life in the TT. No matter how nice I wind them up they always seem to be tangled up in something or themselves. 

So back to Home Depot I went and bought 2 more. 1 for extension cords and the other I havent decided yet but cords or more light or both. 

They are 24.98 a piece at my local Home Depot a little steep but I think it will be worth it in the end when Im not spending half my time setting up untangling cords or trying to find where I put them. The bags with 4 reels can lay on their side or stand up depending on your space and fit nicely under our jacknife sofa. 

There is also a little room left in the top of the bag for timers or multi plug adapters. 

I coil my cords in about 12" coils and secure with light weight zip ties. Keeps them neat and allows for easy storage.

Look at the hardware store for Velcro OneWrap and you likely won't go back to zip ties. :) Love the stuff- I use it for hoses, electrical cords, holding cabinet doors shut, tying my drawers together, you name it! It's a double-sided Velcro that has the hook on one side and loop on the other. You wrap it around and stick it to itself.

I got a set of these reels a few years ago and they work very well.  I use them for my outdoor C9 bulbs, and I have a couple of bins that have holders to wrap lights around that I use for the Christmas tree lights.  I never have tangled cords, it is just about the only thing organized around here :P

One trick to using these things is when you are packing the lights back up, make sure you wrap the lights female end first, that way the following year you can easily plug them in to check them and then just roll them out.

Look at the hardware store for Velcro OneWrap and you likely won't go back to zip ties. :) Love the stuff- I use it for hoses, electrical cords, holding cabinet doors shut, tying my drawers together, you name it! It's a double-sided Velcro that has the hook on one side and loop on the other. You wrap it around and stick it to itself.

We use the velcro straps for the extension cords in the trailer; we wrap them and then put them in a large plastic zip bag.