In order to avoid depression and withdrawls from my just completed Disney vacation, I must begin planning my Spring Break trip in March.  First up - - - dining reservations!

We are between a couple of choices and was considering booking several and dumping the ones we opt out of. My question relates to cancellation policies. I know with the credit card guarentee, most you can cancel a couple days before without being charge...buy what about dinner shows? Like HDDR? If I pre-pay for seats, and we decide to do something else instead...how long do I have to cancel???

March...I'm jealous!  That will be here before you know it :)

Most restaurants let you cancel without penalty... but I'm not sure about the dinner shows.  Here is what Disney's website says:

You can cancel your dining reservation online or by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463 up to 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the day before your arrival. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Some restaurants may charge a fee for cancellations or no shows. Each restaurant at Walt Disney World Resort maintains its own cancellation policy, so be sure to check the policy when you are making your reservation.

For more information, please refer to the cancellation policy provided in your email confirmation.

March...I'm jealous!  That will be here before you know it :)

Most restaurants let you cancel without penalty... but I'm not sure about the dinner shows.  Here is what Disney's website says:

You can cancel your dining reservation online or by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463 up to 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the day before your arrival. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Some restaurants may charge a fee for cancellations or no shows. Each restaurant at Walt Disney World Resort maintains its own cancellation policy, so be sure to check the policy when you are making your reservation.

For more information, please refer to the cancellation policy provided in your email confirmation.

Drives me crazy that the policy is so ambiguous and varies from place to place! I don't want to plunk down the $$ without being sure. My daughter turns 11 at the end of March and wanted to celebrate her birthday while we were there  - - so we thought we'd let her pick the show.  If she had her way, we'd be at the Luau at the Poly everytime. I did tell her we'd try something new, which at the moment seems to be the HDDR...BUT she's 10 - this is a moving target...and rezies go fast!!! :gaah: