How about security at your site?  Saw some post mentioning locking up your bikes while gone.  Is it advisable to bring everything in/storage while gone?  cooler, zero recliners, etc?

Perhaps not security but RV 'security' questions... :unsure:

Do you turn water off before leaving for the day?

Roll in the awning?

Other items?

Thanks

BamaGrad

We leave things like chairs and coolers out and have never had a problem.

We do lock up when we leave and don't leave things like laptops in easy view in either the TT or the car - no need to tempt anyone.

We don't shut any utilities off but if the weather forecast is even a little bit iffy, we do bring the awning in and tuck the chairs under.  Storms come up quickly in FL and can do some major damage.

We have a "different" type of trailer, so don't pull our awning in and like Mo, Chairs, rugs, a small fridge, microwave, some tables, and coolers stay up all the time.The electronics get locked up in the camper out of site. We do leave the water on, but only turn the propane tank on when using the stove, so it stays off.

+2 What Carol said. We don't do anything different at The Fort than we would at any campsite. This last time we were at The Fort I had not shut off the propane tank as usual and came back to having had someone turn on our grill letting the gas run. My guess it was some kid playing around. We have a manual awning and will just lower it some before we leave so water will run off if it rains while we are out.

Our last trip was the first time we've left things outside at the fort.  We had our Camping World folding step , along  with a rug, two reclining chairs, and a clothes rack.  If this theft keeps up, I'll start keeping everything locked up again.

We don't retract our awning because we have an electric one with a wind sensor that will automatically close it if the weather gets bad.  We never turn off our gas or the water.  We do try to keep our bays locked at all times.

We have always left out our chairs, coolers, grill, etc.  Normal camping stuff.  As far as our awning, depends on the day or even time of year. We are usually able to keep the awning at a good angle for draining rain, so I don't worry about an average rain but if thunderstorms are predicted I may roll it up.  I guess it depends how lucky I feel.  I have gone full weeks at the fort and never opened the awning.