My wife was jonesing to see the movie, Into The Woods, so we went on a date night on Saturday. It was interesting to see a couple of different stories woven together, but it left me with just a "meh" feeling throughout. It sounds like if we had seen the musical, we may have enjoyed it a little better.

Anyone else see this?

It's on my list, but I haven't seen it yet. I also haven't seen the musical. 

I've heard Once Upon a Time fans will be disappointed. (and I am one)

I think my wife is a fan of that. The two are a totally different experience from each other. I think if you go in with any preconceived notions from OUaT, I can see how you would be disappointed.

I have not seen it but yours is the nicest review from a regular person I have read.  I think Disney phoned this one in to capitalize on the Christmas market. 

Feels like it. Which is a shame because my wife was really excited to see it. She says she enjoyed it.

---

Now, the big kicker - I paid twice to see it once. I pre-ordered tickets for the wrong day!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to see this with my sister today.  I will try to leave my preconceived notions at home, because I really want to like this.

Let us know! The more we talk- the more it seems my wife enjoyed it, but she also hasn't asked for the soundtrack which surprises me a little.

Newsies on the other hand- she's head over heels in love with. :)

Well my review will have to wait for another day.  We got there 45 minutes before show time and it was sold out?  On a sunny Saturday for a 4:30 show when (as DH reminded me) the NFL playoffs are on!

We bought tickets online from Fandango (I think). Just be careful you buy for the right day!

We saw it on Dec. 26th. My review is coming from a "love the musical, stage managed it" point. I really liked most of it. I missed some of the original bits, but understand why they could have left out without confusing the viewer. I really liked their choice for letting the princes play "campy". It showed how truly fake their characters are. Some exposition was actually helpful.

Having said that, if you are not a musicals type person it may not be for you. Several friends' husbands hated it. They wouldn't have liked ANY musical movie anyway.