I salute All of You That Go To Disney With Toddlers!!!

I am at Disney now by a weird fluke of work, travel, and weather.

Rick (and now me) are showing a good friend of ours around Disney and her 2yo grandson.  This child has been a total delight to be with and we are having a Grand time.  But, having never had stroller aged children at Disney, never realized what a pain in arse it is!!!

Put the child in the stroller, take em out for every line, find the stroller parking.  Trying to decide if you want to deal with squirmy butt for even a 15 minute line, then once you get off the attraction, trying to find where Disney has moved the stroller.

[move][glow=red,2,300]So for all you parents of little ones at Disney I salute you!!!!!!![/glow][/move]

The first time our stroller got moved I thought for sure someone had taken it.  Christy had a good laugh at me.

Ya know Carol, that's always been one of the biggest advantages of the Fort.  We've always planned a mid day nap back at the rv.  And the older kids and I would go do something during that time, like swim.  Keeps the evening enjoyable when the toddler ain't screaming!

Dave is right, the fort is the place to be with a small one.  We just had our 10 month old there and our solution was to skip the parks this year and do half day trips to the resort hotels, Downtown Disney, etc. then spend the other half at the fort.  12 days and we still didn't get to do all we wanted.

We were able to keep him in the stroller almost everywhere we went.

Steve

The first time we went to Disneyland our kids were 2, 4, and 6. Don't aske me how we did it, but we survived, even went back again the next year. I have to admit, as big a PITA as the stroller was, it made a fine place to stash stuff so you didn't have to carry it.

Rick (and now me) are showing a good friend of ours around Disney and her 2yo grandson.  This child has been a total delight to be with and we are having a Grand time.  But, having never had stroller aged children at Disney, never realized what a pain in arse it is!!!

Put the child in the stroller, take em out for every line, find the stroller parking.  Trying to decide if you want to deal with squirmy butt for even a 15 minute line, then once you get off the attraction, trying to find where Disney has moved the stroller.

[move][glow=red,2,300]So for all you parents of little ones at Disney I salute you!!!!!!![/glow][/move]

The stroller is such a pain in the butt anim_55.gif.  But what is worse is an 17 month old that refuses to sit in it or be carried.  The first time we took our DS he was 17 mths old & walked everywhere.  Never once went in the stroller & walked all of Epcot, MK, & AK multiple times.  That was a pain.  Man I was impressed by his resilience.

When britt was little we would rent our stroller from the park, it was oly five dollars, I don't know how much it is now tho, but we would get a receipt, and you could use it at another park or the same park that day. We didn't have to take it on the bus  we just used it for the parks, the rest of the time we would carry her. Stacy use to carry her sometimes on his shoulders, until he fell with her, Thank God he broke her fall, after that she walked, and never asked to be carried again.

The stroller is such a pain in the butt anim_55.gif.  But what is worse is an 17 month old that refuses to sit in it or be carried.  The first time we took our DS he was 17 mths old & walked everywhere.  Never once went in the stroller & walked all of Epcot, MK, & AK multiple times.  That was a pain.  Man I was impressed by his resilience.

LOL I know what you mean! The first time we took our daughter she was 17 months and much like your son, she wanted no parts of the stroller or to be held, or to even hold hands, she'd try to just run her way through the crowd.  At 20 months, she did a bit better, and really only wanted to be in the stroller because she could snuggle up in there with blankets to stay extra warm (beginning of December...brrrr).  When we go in a few weeks I'm sure the stroller will just be used to hold our stuff and if she gets tired enough to take a nap.  We will be going with other family and she will want to keep up with "the big girls".

I can't wait until the stroller years are over, although I like not having to carry all our gear around :popcorn:

Guest starbuc71

My son turned 2 in December and he is a handful. We took him and our 4yo daughter to both MNSSHP and MVMCP.  My 4yo is fine but my 2yo is sick of the stroller thing, he wants to run and NOT wait in lines.  We have 4 trips planned to the fort this year and only 2 of them we will do th MK for the special days.  It's a son of a gun to keep an eye on both themespecially during high crowd times

DD was NOT wanting to ride in the stroller this last time (3.5 yrs old).  I brought a leash (Yes, I put a child's leash on my daughter.  Much easier than worrying about her running off).  After just a very little bit, we convinced her that riding in a stroller was really the better idea.  I don't mind a stroller so much, but I guess it's because it's been so long since we've been without one.  Even in 2006, my niece was with us and had a stroller.

DD was NOT wanting to ride in the stroller this last time (3.5 yrs old).  I brought a leash (Yes, I put a child's leash on my daughter.  Much easier than worrying about her running off).  After just a very little bit, we convinced her that riding in a stroller was really the better idea.  I don't mind a stroller so much, but I guess it's because it's been so long since we've been without one.  Even in 2006, my niece was with us and had a stroller.

We got one of those child backpacks that looks like a stuffed animal w/ a tail which doubles as a leash.  I agree that it is better than the alternative of losing them in the crowd.  :dance: