So... buffet?  B)

We ate at Boma in November and it was really terrific.  Even DH - who wasn't so keen on Boma the first time we ate there - was super impressed.

Plus AKL is a fun resort to poke around. If you go at night you can go out on one of the many observation spots and use their night vision glasses to view the animals on their savannah.

Boma is a great suggestion.

The all-you-can-eat thing sounds like a good idea.

Have y'all ever been to the Hoop Dee Doo Revue?  I'm sure a 15 year old will think it's lame, but he probably would enjoy it without admitting it.

It's a fun atmosphere, and they make sure to recognize everyone celebrating a birthday.

TCD

I have enjoyed the HDDP many times and I think he would like that as well. He is a really neat kid that could care less about being cool.

Boma looks realy good but I am concerned about the younger siblings. I looked at what is served and I see they have little guy stuff. Is that out on the buffet or is that extra?

They had a whole station setup with things like pizza, mac and cheese, etc. that the younger kids were lining up for. And of course tons of desserts.  :)

I think Boma might be the winner!!!. He is now raiding my kitchen after viewing pictures of the buffet and me reading to him all that they offer. Teen boys, I swear they never stop eating. At 13 he is 6'1 and a complete stick lol.

It's on my list to try, so you'll have to report back! 

I had two tall young uns with hollow legs too!! Buffets are definitely the way to go!

My boys also like "good" food too, but good food doesn't always equal big quantity.

Funny story.... We went to Flying Fish once, and my oldest loves scallops, so that's what he ordered.

It came back with 5 tiny scallops on a bed of something "weird" as he put it.  Poor kid had to go back to All-Stars and get a pizza :)

I had two tall young uns with hollow legs too!! Buffets are definitely the way to go!

My boys also like "good" food too, but good food doesn't always equal big quantity.

Funny story.... We went to Flying Fish once, and my oldest loves scallops, so that's what he ordered.

It came back with 5 tiny scallops on a bed of something "weird" as he put it. Poor kid had to go back to All-Stars and get a pizza :)

It's on my list to try, so you'll have to report back! 

Here's my quickie review from November...

Prime Rib - delicious, cut it with your fork tender

Salmon in almond sauce - sounds a bit odd but was fantastic and very popular, they replaced the platter several times while we were there

They also had ribs and a roasted chicken dish that night.  DH liked those as well.

Loved the couscous and samosas.  Squash soup was awesome.

Favorite desserts were the bite sized cheesecakes and the little pink dome thingys (I forget what those are called).  Oatmeal cookies were also good.

I think Boma might be the winner!!!. He is now raiding my kitchen after viewing pictures of the buffet and me reading to him all that they offer. Teen boys, I swear they never stop eating. At 13 he is 6'1 and a complete stick lol.

My brother was like that at 13.  He still can eat whatever he wants. 

Carol We Have Similar Stories. Most People Totally Underestimate How Much My Crew Can Take In. We Always Tell Them To Be Thankful For What They Are Given And We Will Get Pizza On The Way Home. I Think He Has A Hollow Foot, He Is Now A 14 Pushing Into A 15.