Changes to Monorail Schedule February-March 2015

From WDWMagic...

The Walt Disney World Resort Monorail System will be operating revised routes on both the Resort and Express beams over the next few months.

The following changes will be in operation February 3 - 5, February 9 - 12, February 23 - 26, March 2 - 5 2015, between the hours of 11am and 7pm.

• Monorails on the Resort beam will stop at Magic Kingdom, Disney's Polynesian Village Resort and Disney's Grand Floridian Resort only.

• Monorails on the Express beam will stop at the Magic Kingdom, Transportation and Ticket Center and Disney's Contemporary Resort.

The above changes mean that resort beam guests who wish to get to Epcot will have to first get to the TTC by using the Express beam, and then change to the Epcot beam. Alternatively, direct buses will serve the resorts for travel to Epcot.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportation/monorail/news/27jan2015-monorail-system-to-operate-revised-routes-on-express-and-resort-beams.htm

So how do the folks on the Express beam get OFF and ON at the Contemporary resort?????

This is too weird

This can't be right.  The resorts Monorail has to stop at MK also. It makes no sense to have a monorail only go between GF and Poly.   I guess they are trying to have the monorail resort guest not to have more than 1 stop before their destination.  Unless their destination is EPCOT.  So if your a GF or Poly guest you have to go to MK switch to the express and then go tot TTC  and then switch to EPCOT. I can't believe this will last long unless they are just trying to force more people on to the buses but that doesn't make sense either. 

This can't be right.  The resorts Monorail has to stop at MK also. It makes no sense to have a monorail only go between GF and Poly.   I guess they are trying to have the monorail resort guest not to have more than 1 stop before their destination.  Unless their destination is EPCOT.  So if your a GF or Poly guest you have to go to MK switch to the express and then go tot TTC  and then switch to EPCOT. I can't believe this will last long unless they are just trying to force more people on to the buses but that doesn't make sense either. 

There was a typo when WDWMagic posted that info, which has since been fixed.  Now they say the resort monorail will stop at MK, Poly and GF.

That just makes it a little less weird.  It's still weird.

The dates they're doing this are weekdays, and I noticed they aren't doing it on President's Day and that week.  I think it is for some kind of repair/maintenance work, and not to control crowds.

TCD

• 4 weeks later...

WDWMagic is reporting changes to the monorail schedule over the next week due to ongoing maintenance and the Princess Half Marathon...

February 20 2015
  • Express - 8:30am to 11:30am, 6pm to 1am.

• Resort - 3am to 1am.

• Epcot - 3am to 11pm.
February 21 2015
  • Express - 8:30am to 12am.

• Resort - 3am to 12:30am.

• Epcot - 3am to 11pm.
February 22 2015
  • Express - 5am to 10pm.

• Resort - 3am to 10:30pm.

• Epcot - 3am to 10pm.
February 23 - 26 2015
  • Express - Normal operation expect 11am to 7pm - Monorails on the Resort beam will stop at Magic Kingdom, Disney's Polynesian Village Resort and Disney's Grand Floridian Resort only. Monorails on the Express beam will stop at the Magic Kingdom, Transportation and Ticket Center and Disney's Contemporary Resort.

• Resort - Normal operation expect 11am to 7pm. Monorails on the Resort beam will stop at Magic Kingdom, Disney's Polynesian Village Resort and Disney's Grand Floridian Resort only. Monorails on the Express beam will stop at the Magic Kingdom, Transportation and Ticket Center and Disney's Contemporary Resort.

• Epcot - Normal operation.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportation/monorail/news/19feb2015-monorails-operating-modified-hours-over-the-next-week.htm