After quite a few years absence from the parks, we became FL Seasonal passholders again.

Last time we had them, there were no Magic Bands, and I don't think there were even fast passes.

So we got our hard cards from Guest Services at Downtown Disney and were told we can order Magic Bands.

We are trying to go to the parks this coming Friday (we didn't make it this past weekend) and I just want to verify something.

I can link our new passes to our existing Magic Bands from our past Fort trips correct?

We don't have to order new ones?

Walking to Guest Relations at DownTown Disney Friday night to purchase our passes, we both started having second thoughts about getting them.

What a bunch of rude, loud, pushy, obnoxious people we ran into trying to get from the parking lot to the ticket booth at Disney Quest and everwhere else we walked.

If this is an indication of what the parks are going to be like.....

I just don't understand how people can be so self centered (and just not at Disney, seems like anywhere now a days) that they just stop in the middle of a walkway/aisle to start chatting with friends blocking access for everyone else.

Giant SUV style strollers seem to be the norm also.  They are bigger than Mini Coopers and the people pushing them are either oblivious to where they are going or just plain sadistic and are venting all of their road rage on unsuspecting walkers shins and ankles.

Or people realize after the get in a line they don't have their ID, pass, $$$, wallet, phone, friend,  and they hold up the line for everyone else.

Part of that problem is customer service.  They should tell the person to step aside while they are waiting for whatever, and help the next person in line.

What a bunch of rude, loud, pushy, obnoxious people we ran into trying to get from the parking lot to the ticket booth at Disney Quest and everwhere else we walked.

If this is an indication of what the parks are going to be like.....

Get ready. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Part of that problem is customer service.  They should tell the person to step aside while they are waiting for whatever, and help the next person in line.

BINGO.

I witnessed a confrontation at the MK on Saturday night that almost escalated to a fist fight.  The hub area in front of the castle is total chaos at fireworks time now because they have taken away a huge area where guests used to stand to watch the projection show on the castle and fireworks. Since Disney is so cheap, they have done nothing to anticipate the problems they are causing, or to have more CM's on hand to alleviate the crowds that are gathering in the few remaining open spots.  This was not a particularly busy night, but there was an area that had become total gridlock.  Guests with their giant strollers were simply stopped in what should have been open walkways, and there were no CM's around to tell them to move along.  So, guests started yelling and pushing. It was a very bad scene, and one which could have been avoided with proper planning, training and staffing.

TCD

One of the reasons I like the season passes is because it removes a lot of the stress of having to be somewhere, or do something that day.  When the idiots start to get to us, we just leave, knowing that we can come back some other time when it's less crowded (hopefully!)

It does seem like there are more and more of them though....   :(

Yes, you can link the new pass to your existing MB's on the My Disney Experience App.  In fact, they may already be linked.  You can see if they are when you log in.

But, if you order new MB's you will get the exclusive 2015 Passholder sliders along with your new MB's.

TCD

We got the 2015 box with the 2014 sliders. Talk about quality control

Get ready. You ain't seen nothing yet.

BINGO.

I witnessed a confrontation at the MK on Saturday night that almost escalated to a fist fight.  The hub area in front of the castle is total chaos at fireworks time now because they have taken away a huge area where guests used to stand to watch the projection show on the castle and fireworks. Since Disney is so cheap, they have done nothing to anticipate the problems they are causing, or to have more CM's on hand to alleviate the crowds that are gathering in the few remaining open spots.  This was not a particularly busy night, but there was an area that had become total gridlock.  Guests with their giant strollers were simply stopped in what should have been open walkways, and there were no CM's around to tell them to move along.  So, guests started yelling and pushing. It was a very bad scene, and one which could have been avoided with proper planning, training and staffing.

TCD

I have about given up trying to watch the fireworks from that area just because of the rude crowds.  The last time I was there, having arrived a tad early to get a decent spot, just before the fireworks start a man comes running through the crowd, steps in front of me and raises his child up on his shoulders, totally blocking my view.  It was just more than I could take, so I tapped him on the back and told him that he was blocking my view and probably others behind me.  He gives me a dirty look and moves over to the side where he was doing the same thing to people there.

On that same trip we were right at the front of the crowd waiting entry to Fantasmic and when the CM's gave the highball for entry, we were literally pushed aside, bumped over and were almost trampled by people almost running to get in.  That will be my last time for that unless they come up with a decent way to handle that herd of unruly animals.  I would rather wait until the very last and stand if I had to.

I wish I had kept a journal over the years of all the episodes like these that we have experienced.  It's a miracle that there is not more trouble caused by this than there is.

Yes, you can link the new pass to your existing MB's on the My Disney Experience App.  In fact, they may already be linked.  You can see if they are when you log in.

But, if you order new MB's you will get the exclusive 2015 Passholder sliders along with your new MB's.

TCD

Old bands linked.... I think. My account showed our 2 bands each plus our new hard card pass.

Ordered our new bands.

My daughter already copied her fast pass choices for Friday over to us, but we got Haunted Mansion instead of Mine Train.

Not to make excuses for rude people but when you pack a lot of people in a area not made for that many people it's going to make people cranky.

It also feels like there's more people in the parks than before. Especially during the holidays.

In a lot of cases, the people we think are being rude aren't really being rude-they're just clueless.  Disney let them in with their giant strollers, and they just want to watch the fireworks like everyone else.  How are they supposed to know that the place they chose to park it is a walkway?

For those who haven't been to the MK lately, about half of the hub area is currently blocked off and behind construction walls.  So, the same amount of guests are trying to fit in half the space.  Something has to give.  Since the Disney Company prides itself on the ability to manage crowds, you would think that they would have extra CM's around to help direct and control the inevitable chaos.  But they don't.  So, predictably, there are major and not very magical problems.

We got the 2015 box with the 2014 sliders. Talk about quality control

We did better than you.  We got three 2015 sliders for our four new Magic Bands. 

I sent an email to Passholder Services and let them know that one of the sliders was missing.  I got back a form email saying that they had not yet begun shipping the 2015 sliders, and that I should check with Guest Relations at one of the parks the next time I was there to see if they had any. 

I have about given up trying to watch the fireworks from that area just because of the rude crowds.  The last time I was there, having arrived a tad early to get a decent spot, just before the fireworks start a man comes running through the crowd, steps in front of me and raises his child up on his shoulders, totally blocking my view.  It was just more than I could take, so I tapped him on the back and told him that he was blocking my view and probably others behind me.  He gives me a dirty look and moves over to the side where he was doing the same thing to people there.

On that same trip we were right at the front of the crowd waiting entry to Fantasmic and when the CM's gave the highball for entry, we were literally pushed aside, bumped over and were almost trampled by people almost running to get in.  That will be my last time for that unless they come up with a decent way to handle that herd of unruly animals.  I would rather wait until the very last and stand if I had to.

I wish I had kept a journal over the years of all the episodes like these that we have experienced.  It's a miracle that there is not more trouble caused by this than there is.

This is sad.

Again, it could all be avoided if Disney would train a few more CM's, and send them out to provide crowd control.

Old bands linked.... I think. My account showed our 2 bands each plus our new hard card pass.

Ordered our new bands.

My daughter already copied her fast pass choices for Friday over to us, but we got Haunted Mansion instead of Mine Train.

If your account shows the MB's under your name as being active, then you can use any of those.  Make sure to bring your actual pass and a photo ID, though, because if there's a problem, you will need to show those to prove who you are.  Isn't this technology great?

If you want those Mine Train FP+'s, keep trying.  I've been able to get Mine Train FP+'s the night before a couple of recent visits.  Search for them one at a time.  And, if you have some spare time, sit there and keep refreshing your screen.  They pop up at random times. 

TCD

In a lot of cases, the people we think are being rude aren't really being rude-they're just clueless.  Disney let them in with their giant strollers, and they just want to watch the fireworks like everyone else.  How are they supposed to know that the place they chose to park it is a walkway?

For those who haven't been to the MK lately, about half of the hub area is currently blocked off and behind construction walls.  So, the same amount of guests are trying to fit in half the space.  Something has to give.  Since the Disney Company prides itself on the ability to manage crowds, you would think that they would have extra CM's around to help direct and control the inevitable chaos.  But they don't.  So, predictably, there are major and not very magical problems.

We did better than you.  We got three 2015 sliders for our four new Magic Bands. 

I sent an email to Passholder Services and let them know that one of the sliders was missing.  I got back a form email saying that they had not yet begun shipping the 2015 sliders, and that I should check with Guest Relations at one of the parks the next time I was there to see if they had any. 

This is sad.

Again, it could all be avoided if Disney would train a few more CM's, and send them out to provide crowd control.

If your account shows the MB's under your name as being active, then you can use any of those.  Make sure to bring your actual pass and a photo ID, though, because if there's a problem, you will need to show those to prove who you are.  Isn't this technology great?

If you want those Mine Train FP+'s, keep trying.  I've been able to get Mine Train FP+'s the night before a couple of recent visits.  Search for them one at a time.  And, if you have some spare time, sit there and keep refreshing your screen.  They pop up at random times. 

TCD

We already have 3 passes for the day starting late afternoon, so we can't add anymore until we use one correct?

We already have 3 passes for the day starting late afternoon, so we can't add anymore until we use one correct?

Correct.

But, you can try to change one of the three to a Mine Train FP before you get there.

After you use the three, you have to go to a FP kiosk, where they will give you a 4th FP for the Tea Cups, or Philharmagic.

TCD

If you stay at the resorts or campgrounds frequently, you know during this "testing" phase you get MB for every Disney reservation. I found out recently that every MB we have is linked to our AP. It's a good idea to go on my Disney experience (not the app) and de-activate your old bands or the ones you no longer use. It took the CM at pop century last time a while to find the right band on our account to make sure it worked with the other 20 that were on my account. If we are doing a short one or two night stay to Disney we usually just get the plan gray bands so we know these were for our short resort stays and we know which ones to deactivate when we get home. Andrew also gave us an idea last year and our annual pass bands we put the letters "AP" after our names so we knew which ones they were

If you stay at the resorts or campgrounds frequently, you know during this "testing" phase you get MB for every Disney reservation. I found out recently that every MB we have is linked to our AP. It's a good idea to go on my Disney experience (not the app) and de-activate your old bands or the ones you no longer use. It took the CM at pop century last time a while to find the right band on our account to make sure it worked with the other 20 that were on my account. If we are doing a short one or two night stay to Disney we usually just get the plan gray bands so we know these were for our short resort stays and we know which ones to deactivate when we get home. Andrew also gave us an idea last year and our annual pass bands we put the letters "AP" after our names so we knew which ones they were

Well luckily so far, we only have 2 MB linked with a 3rd coming.

We will have to figure out what to do as far as linking to my adult kids/

My one daughter has an AP, and my other one has a seasonal. 

The AP one already pushed her FP selections to us for our upcoming visit.