Loving your blog, except I get all teary every time I read it. Such a blessing for all involved! 

Thank you!

I don't know what to say except thanks for sharing. Not just your blog but your heart.

Thanks for reading!!

Spectacular! What an amazing journey He has put your family on. I can't wait to read more!

It is quite the journey as you know.  I'm so glad you are reading!  We are in the middle of some very hard days.  I know you understand.  

I read through your whole blog.  Amazing.  Thank you for sharing your story with all of us.

Thank you!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay so many of you know we traveled to China to adopt our sweet baby boy.  We got home about 2 weeks ago.     I don't have the time to do a TR on here, but I am doing a blog.  So I'm going to post it

I don't know what to say except thanks for sharing. Not just your blog but your heart.

Wow... huge rats, story about a lion being loose and snow suits in 60 degree temps!  Quite the zoo trip :)

The picture of the camels cracked me up :)

Pray your household is getting settled and that it is filled with health and joy.

Well thankfully the loose lion was back in April!!  I would have hidden in my room for the rest of the time! Thank you, we need lots of prayers!!  

Beautiful family! I had to laugh when you mentioned the squatter toilets! They have those in Japan and I don't use them either!

Thank you!  We just just don't understand how they are used.  I just don't get it.  I think they think they are more sanitary, but I beg to differ. 

Great update!  I love your story.  

Thanks so much!!!  I love your's also!! 

Beautiful family! I had to laugh when you mentioned the squatter toilets! They have those in Japan and I don't use them either!

Thank you!  We just just don't understand how they are used.  I just don't get it.  I think they think they are more sanitary, but I beg to differ. 

Great update!  I love your story.  

Thanks so much!!!  I love your's also!! 

They're definitely not more sanitary when someone misses the hole in the floor and I step in their poop when I'm in there trying to get toilet paper! Yeah! We laughed when we saw the trail of poop in the bathroom, until we noticed it led right up to my foot. I ran out of the bathroom screaming!

I have a few Chinese restaurants I have machines in and I always feel like they are all watching me. Now I know they are. Lol.

What I wouldn't give for 60 degrees right now.

What no snacks? I live for snacks.

How did the pizza at papa johns compare to papa johns here in the states?

Looking forward to the next update.

Yay for questions!!  

Yes they are staring and they don't think its rude at all.  So just we stared back.  :)  

I know we are so sick of this weather.  3 boys trapped in a tiny house is NO FUN!!!!!

Snacks -  I know, it is very strange.  Maybe that's why they are all so skinny.  Now they did have like sugary candy.  And of course pickled chicken feet and things like that.  And grilled squid on a stick on the street.  But no crackers or things like that.  Well in Guangzhou we did find chips and their flavors are the BOMB!! 

The pizza was just like ours.  They had other Chinesey weird stuff on the menu too.  But the pepperoni stuffed crust was exactly the same.  Even the garlic butter!! Yum!! I think my children would have starved otherwise!! 

They're definitely not more sanitary when someone misses the hole in the floor and I step in their poop when I'm in there trying to get toilet paper! Yeah! We laughed when we saw the trail of poop in the bathroom, until we noticed it led right up to my foot. I ran out of the bathroom screaming!

Hahaha!  From what my husband said he heard while he was in one, there is no way it is sanitary!  

Another wonderful update!  Praying for your family.

Thanks!!!

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm really enjoying reading it. I haven't traveled much but I'm fascinated by other cultures. And I'm beyond impressed that you took your two young boys with you.  You have a beautiful family. 

Thanks for reading!  We were so surprised with how different China was.  We have traveled a pretty good bit, so we just thought it would be similar.  We were very wrong!  :)  But it was a wonderful experience.  I'm going to write a blog post soon about the value of taking them with us.  They did so great and we would take them again every time.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...