The Disney Food Blog has just posted a review of the newly-opened Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC (BabyCakes!) at Downtown Disney/Disney Springs. That Samoa doughnut looks darned tasty!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/02/22/news-and-review-erin-mckennas-bakery-nyc-babycakes-opens-in-disney-springs/

Some excerpts...

Erin-McKennas-NYC-Bakery-Downtown-Disney

Printed menu

Bakery case

Inside the French Toastie cupcake

Samoa Donut

When they were in Pollo, we tried some stuff. Literally tasted like dog food. And I eat super clean and healthy. Most people think what I eat tastes like dog food. This was no good. DD thought we were messing with her. Bad.

That said, this could be different. I will give it a second chance.

I'm just still mad that Pollo closed and I can't get the watermelon sangria anymore. That thing was killer. Gold star to anyone who can find me one of those. The fruit in those had been "marinating" for a loooong time.

$30 for a loaf?  Is it really that good?

That's ridiculous.  Baking with vegan and organic ingredients doesn't really cost that much more.  I think the price reflects a few things.....it's a NYC based bakery, operating in WDW, selling a product that people on specialized diets will pay more for, particularly when on vacation. 

Or, it could just be a ginormous loaf.