New user here.  We are planning a 10 day trip to FW, and are thinking of getting a 7 day Magic Your Way ticket.  We have an option to get the tickets using air miles that will be expiring later this year, so the tickets would be free.  I understand that once we first use the tickets, they must all be used within 14 days, but after we purchase the tickets, how long will the tickets last before they expire?

First of all...Welcome.

Please don't take this as fact as I'm only repeating what I read/heard. I'd call Disney directly to get more accurate info unless a fellow Fiend has more accurate info.

I read/heard that if you don't use the tickets they don't expire unless they have a expiration date on the back that says the ticket expires on the 31st of December.

Again. Sorry I don't know this to be the gospel truth.

Welcome :)

I agree with Ray and call/email Disney to confirm, but I too think that if no expiration date is listed... the 14 day clock does not start until the first day you use them.

Off Disney's site:

Walt Disney World Resort continues to honor all unexpired theme park tickets with remaining admission days.

However, be aware that unless you purchased the No Expiration Option, Magic Your Way tickets expire 14 days after their first use. Most theme park tickets purchased in 2005 and later are Magic Your Way tickets.

Please note: The No Expiration Option will no longer be available for purchase after February 21, 2015. If you have previously purchased theme park ticket with the No Expiration Option, your tickets will still be honored.

If you have additional questions about your specific theme park tickets, please check with Guest Relations at the theme parks or call (407) 939-1289. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Welcome!!

What, well... everyone said.  8)

Once you use them, tickets expire in 14 days, unless you lucked into one of the "no expiration option" tickets before they stopped offering them recently.

If you don't use them, unless they're some sort of special ticket that have an expiration date noted on them, the clock doesn't start ticking until you do.

This thread has got me thinking. Since ticket prices go up every year. Would it be better to buy some tickets now and hold on to them?

And since I'm to lazy to look up the thread that shows how much ticket prices and figure it out. I'll challenge some fiends to figure it out for me.

So who's up for the challenge?

http://allears.net/tix/tixincrease.htm

Sure,  you would save some money if you can buy them now....but it's not cheap, to buy "extra" tickets, so I'm not sure if that's overly practical.   A couple of weeks back, we decided to purchase another set of AP's, using our old AAA membership; that saved us a total of $200 off Disney's price (before the increase that is expected... may have already happened, have no idea).  We'll use them for the first time in October, so our 12 months will start then and our plan is 2 or 3 trips next year before they expire at the end of Oct 2016.  We bought the APa because, as other Fiends have pointed out, even if we only made 2 trips in that 12 months... it saves us money.

Well, knowing prices have been increasing, we've bit the bullet and bought four of the five tickets we'll need, so we are locked into the lower price. We'll get the additional tickets once we have all the reward miles we need, or we'll just pay for the extra tickets with cash.

Disney, here we come.