Okay so, admittedly, I don't know a whole heck of a lot about RVs... but I found it interesting this weekend that our sales rep made a comment about an RV show this next weekend in Atlanta... he said that all the sales staff had to drive a Class A, while towing a 30+ foot TT.  That seems like quite the haul to me  :huh:  

You gotta get those TTs there somehow!

I parked next to a chatty fellow on my way to Alabama. He had a 40' class A and was towing a 40' car trailer. It was pretty incredible to see. I don't see how he didn't need special permits at that length.

There was also this guy in Clermont, FL that I camper across from. For travel, he put his HHR (or PT Cruiser) inside as well as his golf cart.

e74b8417579a9335437f7e93bdfd0c78.jpg

There appears to be alot of leeway when it comes to RV's vs commercial. I talked to numerous people at the FORT who double tow, over length and they've been told by the po po don't drive crazy and you probably will not be stopped. Several are even FL residents.

There appears to be alot of leeway when it comes to RV's vs commercial. I talked to numerous people at the FORT who double tow, over length and they've been told by the po po don't drive crazy and you probably will not be stopped. Several are even FL residents.

I try to stay FAR away from those RVs on the road.  Seems very risky to double tow... at least with your standard truck. 

Also, think of the added expense getting these rigs to a show.  No wonder the "show deals" aren't so spectacular.  They need to recoup those huge fuel fees and wear and tear.

Same thing with stadium car sale blowouts.  They have the salesmen and lot boys convoying for a couple of days bringing their inventory miles from the dealership, then they have to take all the unsold cars back.  All that wasted time and $$ gets tacked on somewhere, the dealers sure aren't going to eat it.

I try to stay FAR away from those RVs on the road. Seems very risky to double tow... at least with your standard truck.

38 states allow it outright. Most only with a FW and that seems to be the "out" in FL , their law says with a trailer and they don't classify a FW as a trailer,but in TN for example you can use a TT. Here's the list.

Alaska

Arizona

Arkansas

California

Colorado

Idaho

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana