I'm looking into buying a 2011 Jayco 23B to replace our 2010 Roo 19.  Does anyone have a 23B?  If so what are you opinions of it?  If you have just a Jayco, I'd like your opinion of them in general. 

If your wondering why I may be replacing my 2010 Roo after only 2 seasons.  Well we have had many many quality issues.  I've remounted the three drawers next to the sink, replaced a cabinet door that split at the seam, replaced the gfi outlet that died, had dealer replaced the control board on the furnace, replacing the radio which was messed up, have had to again fix issues with the cabinets, & the last thing was the front bunk delaminated.  Luckily they covered the bunk under warranty even though it had expired.  Well now that I don't have a warranty to cover my butt I'm afraid of what may come up next & don't want to get stuck with more repairs such as another delaminating bunk which I've seen many Roo owners complain of.  Anyway that's my story.

We have a 2005 23B and love it!  t5he only issue we have had and we bought it used was a roof leak at the very rear near the shower area which was from the caulking had separated and caused a little floor issue in the very left corner.  Easy fix we repaired the roof and used the epoxy glue stuff to reseal the floor and covered the area with some 1/4" plywood.  The area was inside the left rear cabinet. 

The biggest issue though is the front bunk door has had water leaking in it causing the door to go soft.  We have placed a 3/4" plywood attached to the frame to reinforce the door until I have a chance to pull it inside and rebuild the door myself.  I also plan on installing the newer bunk latches and seals.  Both of these issues I contribute to age and not the camper itself, well the front bunk could have been better.  They did fix that issue in the later models. 

Now I believe that the layout has not changed at all on the 23B and that really says something to the layout and construction!  It is very open and the slide although small makes a huge difference on floorspace. 

I tell my wife they can take many things that I own but my truck and my camper they will have to take over my dead body!  Now we just need to use it more!  :dance: :rofl2: :rofl2:

We are on our second JAYCO MH since 2001.  They are a wonderful company to deal with, very customer oriented.  I know several people that have had out of warranty  issues covered by JAYCO (both trailers and mhs).  Our son just picked up his 17Z yesterday. The fact that they are still a family owned company (which includes STARCRAFT RV and ENTEGRA COACH) you don't have the corporate philosophy to deal with if you have issues. Also you get a 2 year warrranty on any new unit. 

Wow, I'm sorry to hear all of the problems you've had with your roo. Ours is a 2007 and we've had very little problems (knocking on wood) We had a weld break on the back bumper (because of bike rack mainly) One small piece of the rubber molding around ceiling lifted (masking tape, same color, it's hardly noticeable :heart:) We did end up with a small leak in both bunks last year. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you search "hybrid bunk leaks" you will come up with a TON of complaints from every manufacturer. We called forest river and e-mailed them pictures of the gap that was at the top allowing water to get in, (we were out of warranty) They told us to move the bottom hinge out about 1/4 inch and that should fix it. It was like they put the bottom hinge so far back that when trying to close it, the bottom would bind up and the top still had a gap. The hinge fixed the closing issue, but to be on the safe side we bought a roll of "door seal" from a convertible top shop that clipped right on to the bunk and seals it all tight! You can see the black around the door:

march2011fort011.jpg

We ended up with a little water damage from the leak, but nothing too major. IMO, most rv's are made fairly cheap and a lot of that is weight issues. (REAL oak cabinets wouldn't split, but you'd add a lot of weight! ;)) And most of the "entertainment centers" in TT's STINK! We replaced that system too. I woud just research, research, research!! Go to rv forums and listen to what others say. Good luck!

I know they all have at some point had various issues over the years with leaks & such.  I only had a leak one time & it came through that gap at the corners of the hinge.  Water got up on top of the shelf inside the trailer where the bunk joint is.  Other than that we never had water problems or the cronic Roo warped bunk door that was happening a lot with the 2009 & 2010 models.  I know of many people through other forums that have had the delamination issue on the Roo bunk.  I assume it's been corrected & they are no longer having the issue.  Other than all the issues I stated previously I've loved my Roo.  It tows great & has survived two trips from MA to FL. 

Our 2007 26 JTX is going strong. I need to get it over here and inspect for the Spring, but it looks like it handled the winter just fine. To be honest (and I'm probably jynxing myself here), we haven't had the first problem with it, other than a few boneheaded mistakes by yours truly.

Annoying problems and trailers go hand in hand.  I really expect them and just don't let them get me down.  We had a Jayco Kiwi which I loved and had many years of camping memories in, but it was not without it's problems.  The first year we had a roof leak, the gasket around the front bunk had to be replaced about 3 years in, there was a leak around the rear bunk frame which I had to repair about the second year, the final thing was the door gaskets around the front storage area leaked, rotted the floor under the vinyl and had to be replaced.  Anytime you cut a hole in a trailer, you open up the potential for a leak.  I have concluded, after nearly 30 years of owning trailers, that water is the true enemy to all trailers, that with time every trailer will leak somewhere, and the best solution is prevention, so I am up on the roof every spring recaulking and looking for roof damage, as well as checking all door gaskets.  As far as loose drawers and cabinet doors, loose plumbing joints, loose electrical connections - I figure that goes along with dragging a house over bumpy roads for hundreds of miles.  I look at these things as what makes camping exciting and challenging.  I feel a closeness to the pioneers who had to fix broken axles and wheels and fight off renegade Indians while heading west whenever a jack stand breaks or the heater won't light.

we haven't had the first problem with it, other than a few boneheaded mistakes by yours truly.

Oh, do tell!  :rofl2:

Nothing too entertaining. Just tore off the back right scissor jack, and mangled the lower telescoping bars for the awning. Could be a whole lot worse (and probably will be one day).