Well not on the same day, but during the same trip.

Before, since rope drop was pretty much the only way I was going to ride it without a crazy wait, we'd maybe ride it once in a whole 3 week trip.

In November I booked several FP+ on different days.

Well to you, that's an improvement.  But to me it isn't.  Using rope drop and paper FP's, it was easy to ride something like Toy Story three times in one day-all with FP, and with not too much work.  We would stampede there at rope drop, get paper FP's and then get in the standby line, which would be a walk-on. Then head over to either RNRC or TOT and ride one of those with no wait.  There would be some time here to do another attraction or have some breakfast. Then back to TSMM to use the first FP, but first picking up another one.  BAM-three FP's for the same ride in one day.  Piece of cake.

It is absolutely impossible to that now (if you are playing by the rules).

Fast pass+ still has some glitches and I called tech support and they could not fix it. What happened is this. My daughter, her husband and two grandchildren decided to come with us on our Easter week trip, so I was adding them to our fast pass+. I knew that some rides and times would not be available, especially being Easter week and this late. Anyway, if none of you have added guests to your Fastpass+ itinerary it works this. You select your own itinerary as what you want it copied from, then select everyone else on the next screen that you want to add to this. Also, my spouse was selected, even though she has the same as mine already, just in case it has to find a different time for everyone, so we can all stay together.

For all the dates it worked fine, except for two different rides on different days and it did the same on both. On the 7 Dwarfs, it put everyone in the morning, where it was originally, but threw my time to late afternoon. The same thing happened to Toy Story. I called tech support, she looked at it and did not how it occurred, but she could not add me back to my original time, nor could she add me to their time.

OK, they don't have some sort of overide to be able to add just one person? Really?

What a bunch of baloney.

Of course CM's can override the system.

The CM's at Guest Relations in the parks can issue FP's for anything at any time.  So, the only reason that CM on the phone said she couldn't is because Disney decided they shouldn't empower these particular CM's to fix the problems created by their system.

So stupid and annoying.

We spent an hour in the MK at the Main St theater trying to get everyone in our party linked together just so we could see each other's selections. Still doesn't work half the time.

Disney started going down hill when they came out with the original Fast Pass system. That's when they started having two classes of customers.

Previously everyone took their turn waiting in line and it was fair and even.

Now like everyone has stated , you wait in line for ever for second class rides and forget about an E ticket standby line.

How magical.

You have to spend an hour of your park time just trying to get the stupid things to do what they're supposed to do, and then they still don't work?

I said earlier- there has not been one trip we've taken since this crap was unleashed that some part of the system has not failed.

The system might not be so awful if it would at least work.

Idiots.

TCD

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dropping my Troll gimmick for a bit, I wanted to comment on the article. I enjoyed the article very much and I think it's very well written and interesting. How they developed the system and made it w

There is a ton of misinformation in that article.   Like this:    It begins when you book your ticket online and pick your favorite rides. Disney’s servers crunch your preferences, then neatly package

:panic:

• 3 weeks later...

An article was posted to the Touring Plans Blog today that seems to show how FP+ can be used to manage traffic flow in the parks...

Go West, Magic Kingdom FastPass+ User

by Len Testa

I’m working on an update to the Magic Kingdom chapter of the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World. A lot of it is fact-checking, which, in a book like the Guide, is a pretty big task. But it’s also a chance to find new ways to explain how the park is changing.

We do a section in the chapter that describes how FastPass+ affects traffic in the park. I adapted the latest standby wait data from our statisticians, to a map of the park. Here’s the result:

MK-FastpassTraffic-700x525.jpg

Green attractions are those where standby waits are lower with FastPass+; orange attractions are those with higher average standby waits. So what FastPass+ is doing is moving people from Tomorrowland and Fantasyland, to Adventureland and Liberty Square, maybe with a quick stop along the way.

If this was a map of migration patterns in the United States, we’d say people were leaving Newark and Philadelphia for Phoenix, Palm Springs, and Denver, by way of Louisville.

http://blog.touringplans.com/2015/04/07/go-west-magic-kingdom-fastpass-user/