From the Disney Parks Blog...

Imagine enjoying an exclusive, unforgettable view of the fireworks over Cinderella Castle while you indulge in a decadent dessert experience. The newly enhanced Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party at Magic Kingdom Park allows you to do just that.

Beginning July 5, 2015, Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party at Magic Kingdom Park will be enhanced and transformed into the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party. Relax in a reserved seating area with family and friends over delicious desserts and beverages.

0316ZV_1454RW-613x408.jpg

0316ZV_1793RW-100x100.jpg
0316ZV_1515RW-100x100.jpg
0316ZV_1604RW-100x100.jpg
0316ZV_1650RW-100x100.jpg
0316ZV_1683RW-100x100.jpg
0316ZV_1632RW-100x100.jpg

Delight in a selection of themed desserts prepared daily by our pastry chef including chocolate-dipped strawberries, chocolate mousse, and ice cream. Delectable new additions to the menu include a variety of seasonal fruit and cheese, Disney character-themed cupcakes, and more!

As the fireworks begin, celebrate with a sparkling cider toast and create a special memory with family and friends. Throughout the evening, you can now enjoy hot drinking chocolate and signature lemonades as well as coffee and tea.

Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party is $49 for adults, $29 for children, tax included. Reservations can be made beginning on March 20 by visiting DisneyWorld.com/dine, or calling 407-WDW-DINE.

Remember, you can also make your next visit to Epcot extra sweet by making a reservation to enjoy the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party during the Epcot nighttime fireworks spectacular.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/03/reservations-open-march-20-for-the-wishes-fireworks-dessert-party-at-magic-kingdom-park/

I commented on the price when I sent this over to Mo. Sil and I have enjoyed going at the current price point but this may be too much for us to return unless I see something phenomenal.

Yep!  And thanks for sending it over, Jason.  :)

The one at Epcot has booze for that price.

And lots of it!  Which reminds me... I need to book that this year.  8)

Which one of you wiseacres wrote the comment on the official blog asking what has changed other than the price?

Fifty bucks to drink hot cocoa in July?  I'm crazy, but not that crazy.

TCD

Even *I* am not that crazy, and I'm one half of Nuck & Futz!

We did this back in November 2009.  I was just looking through my records and it looks like I paid $119.22 for 6 of us (at that time 4 adults and 2 kids) to do it.  Can that be possible??  The price now is unbelievable.  

I have it booked in a couple of weeks for me and Sil. I want to say I paid $25.99 per adult so thats probably about right. 

Yep it was super cheap (by Disney standards) when they first started. It went up a bit not long after, and it's stayed around $25pp for until recently.

As far as I can tell, the only thing that's changed is the name and the price - by a lot.

Oh and now there's cheese.  8)

Yep it was super cheap (by Disney standards) when they first started. It went up a bit not long after, and it's stayed around $25pp for until recently.

As far as I can tell, the only thing that's changed is the name and the price - by a lot.

Oh and now there's cheese.  B)

Dont forget the sparkling cider. I think thats new too. 

• 1 year later...

From WDWMagic...

Wishes Dessert Party expands into the former FastPass+ viewing areas on Main Street U.S.A.

1 hour ago

Beginning April 19 2016, the Magic Kingdom's Wishes Dessert party will be expanding into the former FastPass+ viewing areas.

The Main Street Plaza Gardens opened in February 2015 as part of the expansion of the Hub area, and were originally home to FastPass+ viewing of Wishes.

From April 19, guests will still attend the dessert party at the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant, but guests with same-day reservations will then move to the Plaza Gardens for viewing the fireworks, with advance reservation guests remaining in the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant for the viewing. Guests who book in advance may also opt to view from the Plaza Gardens if they wish.

Same day reservations will be available from 10:30am each day at the Tomorrowland Terrace.

The Wishes Dessert Party will continue to be $59 for adults, and $35 for ages 3-9, with reservations available at 407-WDW-DINE.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/wishes-dessert-party/news/19apr2016-wishes-dessert-party-expands-into-the-former-fastpass-viewing-areas-on-main-street-u.s.a..htm

4 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I have this booked for Gram in July. I have also heard it is no longer assigned tables. First come first serve seating now. 

I never got a "good" table and always enjoyed it, so I'm not sure how much that matters. 

I have usually ended up in either the front or the one row behind that. Doesnt really matter much to me as everyone moves up to see the fireworks. I will probably keep us on the Terrace rather than move out to the green just for ease for Grandma. 

I think that would be the best plan. I actually like the view from there.