I can confirm that having multiple plates registered to one transponder works. We have six vehicles and five drivers in the TCD gang.  When the twins got cars, I had one transponder that four of us were sharing (oldest DD has the sticker on her windshield).  All of the vehicles and plates were registered, and then they came along with the plate reading technology, and now we don't have to pass the transponder around.  This has worked fine everywhere we have gone in Florida, from all the way down at the parking garage in the Miami Airport, and all the way up the turnpike.  The cameras read the vehicle tag- and the transponder is not needed.

TCD

Can it be multiple plates assigned to the credit card type (that can't be passed around) or can you only do the platepass for the suction cup pass around type?

It's cheaper to just buy the credit card type for up to 4 vehicles instead of the 1 pass around type since they let you link all of them.

But the platepass sounds interesting, especially if you can use 1 credit card type.

Can it be multiple plates assigned to the credit card type (that can't be passed around) or can you only do the platepass for the suction cup pass around type?

It's cheaper to just buy the credit card type for up to 4 vehicles instead of the 1 pass around type since they let you link all of them.

But the platepass sounds interesting, especially if you can use 1 credit card type.

I don't know if you can register more than one plate to the stick-on Sunpass. That one is on my oldest DD's car, and is only registered to her car.

The rest of our cars and my trailer (that's five plates) are registered to the transponder with the suction cups. Back when I bought that one, you got a start-up credit that just about covered the cost of the transponder, so I don't think it was much more expensive than the stick on one.

TCD

From the Sunpass FAQ

5. Can I pull a boat/trailer?

A: When towing, you can use the SunPass lanes. The toll for additional axle(s) will be calculated and deducted from your account balance during subsequent use.

Also add the tag of your camper to the online account.

I don't know if you can register more than one plate to the stick-on Sunpass. That one is on my oldest DD's car, and is only registered to her car.

The rest of our cars and my trailer (that's five plates) are registered to the transponder with the suction cups. Back when I bought that one, you got a start-up credit that just about covered the cost of the transponder, so I don't think it was much more expensive than the stick on one.

TCD

I thought they used to do that!  They sure don't anymore, that's why I got the stick on.  We had the older style suction cup one in our company car that used to beep when you went thru.  We had to exchange it for the newer silent type ones.I miss the beeping, at least you knew everything was ok.

OK, so I'm stopping at the rest stop 1.7 miles south of the Ga/Fla line and get the $5 one!

Then adding money to it with my phone.

Yall are AWESOME!

I did this exact thing on our last trip to the Fort.

I got one from a vending machine around midnight and was able to create an account on my phone before we got to the first toll.

I'm going to have to research if that plate pass topic though.  If I have the $5 sticker sunpass on my truck I wonder if I can add CP's car to that account without any pass on hers.

WBI

She probably mistook the "E"pass sign for the "EZ" pass up North. That system has wide reciprocity IL, IN, OH, NY, WV, PA, MD, NJ, DE, VA, ME, MA, RI, NC and NH.

I may have missed one or two, but I love it when traveling. That's why we have both Sun Pass and I Pass (the Illinois version which it part of the EZ pass network)

We have an EZ pass and it's good in every state with tolls along 95 from Maine down - including some snazzy high-speed lanes. 

But it's still not reciprocal with FL.  Luckily we stay off the toll roads when we're there.