Other attractions near the Fort besides Disney

worlds largest McDonalds is in Orlando I haven't been yet but plan on going on the next trip. says there are a hundred arcade games and a bowling alley inside. plus they are soon to build a new one to replace that one

We went a few years back just to see it.  I guess you'll have to go and see for yourself, but I thought it was pretty nasty. It reminded me of a dirty Chuck-E-Cheese (and I already think Chuck-E-Cheese's are dirty to start with), with a dirty McDonald's attached.  I wonder if anyone has ever counted how many "World's Largest" establishments there are on I-Drive?

TCD

My daughter went here and enjoyed it.

It's on the part of International Drive below SeaWorld so it's not too far from the Fort if you go out the back way.

World of Chocolate Museum & Café
11701 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32821

Phone: 407-778-4871

Open Daily 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.

http://www.worldofchocolatemuseum.com

We went here a couple of years ago.  It not a real big zoo, but has some good exhibits and a rope course.

Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens  
3755 US-17
Sanford, FL 32771

It's eastbound on I-4 just before you hit the St Johns River bridge.

http://www.centralfloridazoo.org/

Besides seeing over 500 animals representing 205 species (that doesn't even include the bugs in the Massey Services Insect Zoo), you can take to the sky and enjoy our aerial adventure course, ZOOm Air Adventure Park or bring your flip-flops and swimsuit to cool-off in the Wharton-Smith Tropical Splash Ground.  - See more at: http://www.centralfloridazoo.org/aboutthezoo#sthash.2W3AR6YO.dpuf

The Holy Land Experience is also in Orlando and is very good.

I took my kids there several years ago- when they were middle school age.  They hated it (and not because of the subject matter-my girls all went to Sunday School and attended private Christian schools for elementary and middle school).  It's great if you're into history, but otherwise, there's not a whole lot to do there.  I think younger kids would be bored to tears.

TCD

We went a few years back just to see it.  I guess you'll have to go and see for yourself, but I thought it was pretty nasty. It reminded me of a dirty Chuck-E-Cheese (and I already think Chuck-E-Cheese's are dirty to start with), with a dirty McDonald's attached.  I wonder if anyone has ever counted how many "World's Largest" establishments there are on I-Drive?

TCD

We went there a couple of times years ago when the kids were younger.  It was filthy and nasty then, and it hadn't been open for all that long.

Gee, just where you want to go after a long day of putting up with screaming kids and parents, crowds and rude people at the parks.  They same people are there at the World's Largest McDonalds !