Anyone ever haul furniture with their camper?

Hey everyone, 

Got word today that my friends son will be moving back from Full Sail University in Orlando in June. Friends wanted to fly down and U-haul back the few things he has- and asked us to come along.   Being the industrious lad (and glutton for punishment I am) I decided we could make a trip of it.  So the plan is DW and I are going hit Pirateland in Myrtle for 4 days, then cruise 8 hours south to the Fort.  One day we are going to move all of the furniture from his apt. to a mutal friends garage in Kissime with my pickup, then on checkout day, cruise over to the house with the the 5th wheel and load up a queen mattress, box-spring, tv, computer, love sac (let the comments fly) and a few boxes of personal FX and clothes.  I think with the slide open, we should be able to get the bed on top of our bed and all the rest of the stuff in/ on/ around the dinette etc.

Anyone ever try this?  - For a partially funded trip to the Fort, I'll try anything!

You really should check the weight limits on your 5ver.  The mattress on top of the mattress may cause your trailer to sway from side to side and the added weight from the cargo may cause a tire blow out or bearing seizure.  You would not be able to use your unit on the trip back.   But other than that I'd do it if someone was subsidizing my trip to the fort.  But that's just me, I could be wrong.

I would second on the extra weight issue, yes I am sure it can be done but with your regular things plus the extra weight of what you bring home for the friend I would be very careful, and if you do it I would distribute the weight not place it all in one area.