I tow 3000 lbs on my Explorer with passenger tires. I am well within the weight ratings for the tires. I also verified with the tire store mgr who is a friend of mine that it shouldn't be a problem with my model tire. One thing I do when towing is run the tires up to 35 lbs to firm up the sidewall some. It is higher than spec'ed by Ford on the sticker but within the spec for the tires and rims.

. They said if I got them somewhere else they would recalibrate the pinion which took care of the speedo, traction control, modified transmission shift points, and something else I can't remember.

My dealer charged $85 to recalibrate the pinion. Took about 45 minutes and everything was back to normal after the recalibration.

Man, everything is so complicated now a days.

Used to be you changed tire size, you found out where the state police had a measured mile, ran that and checked to see how far off your mileage was, or you could run it at 60 to see if the mph was off.

Then you either just figured out that 60 on the speedo was really 55 or 65, or you went to an instrument shop and they changed out the gear in the tranny that the cable connected to.

Didn't have to worry about shift points and all the other electronic crap being messed up.

I tow 3000 lbs on my Explorer with passenger tires. I am well within the weight ratings for the tires. I also verified with the tire store mgr who is a friend of mine that it shouldn't be a problem with my model tire. One thing I do when towing is run the tires up to 35 lbs to firm up the sidewall some. It is higher than spec'ed by Ford on the sticker but within the spec for the tires and rims.

The owners manual should spec different tire pressure for when towing.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk