Coast Guard brings Disney Magic passenger to SC

That is a very odd picture on that article. That looks like maybe the crew relaxation area?  Why is the pool empty?

How long was the ship out of its port.

The one time we took a cruise the pool stayed empty until it was quite a ways out from land, then they pump fresh seawater into it.

I was wondering why the Magic was off the coast of South Carolina.  Checked out the itinerary and it was just beginning a 14 day transAtlantic cruise to reposition it for summer travel in Europe.  So unfortunately, that dude that had to be airlifted (29 year old with leg and hip injuries) is missing the trip of a lifetime.  

I hope he is ok, and of course I have no idea how he was injured or if he suffers from chronic issues.  When I first read his age and that the Coast Guard was notified at 5am, my initial reaction was an alcohol related injury after some late night cast away partying.  But considering there could be other explanations, I will just pray that he is ok.