We've never been to the Fort before, so knowing how large the campground is, is tricky.  I've looked at maps and done some Google map searches and stuff.  We had a golf cart reserved for our week stay, but my inlaws cancelled it the other day thinking we will be ok walking or biking everywhere.  I'm really just looking for reassurance that we will be ok without it. :rolleyes:   We have a request in to be in the 1400 loop.  We are relatively active people, so hiking or biking isn't an issue, I just don't want our kids to be totally fried.  Are there trails or do people usually use main roads for walking/biking/carting?  Any thoughts, advice, warnings are welcome.  We will be at the Fort June 18th-25th.

I think it's safe to say that the general consensus is that golf carts are a luxury at the Fort, not a necessity.

You can get anywhere you need to go easily by foot, bike or bus.

But, a golf cart is an awful lot of fun.  If you want to save money, consider renting one for just a day that you plan to spend a lot of time around the Fort.  It's fun to loop around and explore the Fort.

TCD

Golf carts are evil soul sucking monstrosities that should be banned for the fort, except for medical necessities!

But people do love them.

As you can tell, I don't think they are necessary, especially if you are active.

There are paths, busses, and some shortcuts.

1400 is a good loop and you can get to both roads from it so you can take 2 of the 3 busses.

If you are at the parks all day that's when the cart is handy.  No walking to the bus stops or waiting on a bus with tired cranky adults whining.

But if you are at a park all day you wasted the daily rental fee with the cart sitting idle.

I used my bike and had a blast.  Remember, the Fort is like seriously flat - riding a bike there is effortless and a lot of fun.  I did have a friend join me for a couple of days, and he had a cart that he trailered down from Pensacola.  Fun to loop around the campground, but I actually enjoyed biking better.

Be careful though...they are addictive

You might just want to buy one once you use one once or twice lol

Oh gosh... that is true!

Carts are A LOT of fun however... I agree with bikes over carts.  If you can physically ride a bike and you can bring them with you... I vote for that.  Mike is correct; the Fort is flat so no real uphills to have to push through.   So, use 'em if you've got 'em!

Have fun!! :)