I had a major breakdown today on I77, my number 3 injector line snapped off at the fuel pump. We got it fixed and made it to myrtle Beach. We are heading to the fort next, later this week. Problem is now that our dometic fridge is not working , freezer good, fridge bad. Anyone have any luck with any fridge guys at the fort?

Yikes - sorry to hear you've had such a rough trip!

Here's hoping you have a great stay at Myrtle Beach and the next leg to the Fort is boring and uneventful.

Check out this page for some RV repair companies that Fiends have recommended...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/info/rv-repairs-and-service-r396

Good luck with the fridge!

You have no idea how lucky I am. I try to treat everyone with respect and this was one of those times it came back to me. I blew the line right after fueling up so I thought it was bad fuel, I had my wife find a napa up ahead and it was 16 miles down i77. The gps took me to a dead end residential street instead of the napa- unreal. At that point I saw smoke and smelled diesel and knew something was wrong. As I pulled into the napa in Hillsville, VA, a guy came walking up and asked if I needed any tools, as he was inside when I called the clerk to check on a fuel filter. When we popped the hood we saw fuel on everything and I mean everything from the firewall to the rear axle. I cranked the truck and we didn't see anything but fuel mist. I removed the filter housing and cranked it again and we could see the fuel shooting straight back out of the number three line that was broken clean off. Unbelievable the truck didn't catch fire. At least it's rustproofed. I got a hold of a company called cobra diesel and he happened to have a non running parts truck behind his shop and he called his weekend mechanic to bring the lines down. I took the number 3 out put it on, cracked a few injector lines and we were in business - 4 hours total. Absolutely thankful for everyone that helped me today. Could have been a trip ender for sure!

You have no idea how lucky I am. I try to treat everyone with respect and this was one of those times it came back to me. I blew the line right after fueling up so I thought it was bad fuel, I had my wife find a napa up ahead and it was 16 miles down i77. The gps took me to a dead end residential street instead of the napa- unreal. At that point I saw smoke and smelled diesel and knew something was wrong. As I pulled into the napa in Hillsville, VA, a guy came walking up and asked if I needed any tools, as he was inside when I called the clerk to check on a fuel filter. When we popped the hood we saw fuel on everything and I mean everything from the firewall to the rear axle. I cranked the truck and we didn't see anything but fuel mist. I removed the filter housing and cranked it again and we could see the fuel shooting straight back out of the number three line that was broken clean off. Unbelievable the truck didn't catch fire. At least it's rustproofed. I got a hold of a company called cobra diesel and he happened to have a non running parts truck behind his shop and he called his weekend mechanic to bring the lines down. I took the number 3 out put it on, cracked a few injector lines and we were in business - 4 hours total. Absolutely thankful for everyone that helped me today. Could have been a trip ender for sure!

Wow!  So thankful that all ended well!!!  Engine troubles stink... but when you're on vacation and that happens well... that is just not magical.  Even so, sounds like you had a good dose of pixie dust.  Praise God for His goodness!

Thanks everyone, Nacole, this is what happens when you get an "old diesel". And BTW, one of the guys that came to help us out had a sweeet 2011 super duty 6.7 crew he bought a few months ago with 145k miles on it. Said he got it for 33k and you could not tell it from new.

Thanks everyone, Nacole, this is what happens when you get an "old diesel". And BTW, one of the guys that came to help us out had a sweeet 2011 super duty 6.7 crew he bought a few months ago with 145k miles on it. Said he got it for 33k and you could not tell it from new.

Yes... I thought of that, when I read your post ;)

Hey, on a different note, did y'all stay at Pirateland in Myrtle Beach on your way down?  I think you mentioned, that that was the plan.  Would love to get feedback on the property; we're thinking of making a visit there in August.  Kids are 3.5 and 8.

We're sitting here now. Low key place, pretty wide beach nice shelters at each site. It's our second time here and I picked it on a whim. Pretty cool place

I'm going to book a visit for August; what loop/area would you recommend?  The pool/amenities is why we are choosing this CG over others in the area... so I imagine our time will be split between the beach and the pool.  Shade would be nice, but not as important as a nice spot.

Suggestions?

The sites are close, but not as bad as you would think, it's prime real estate. We had site 97 in 2013 and we are on site 236, both were assigned to us and I would try to book 236 again, it's in a great spot, and might be the biggest non premium. We like the beachfront sites; there is no shade there are inland sites in a tree grove, but it seems really cramped and the rv's there seem a little older for some reason. The beach here is amazing , not cramped at all and because it's a campground and not a hotel, people have lots of activity options and it clears out about 3. Yesterday wife and I sat in a little "hot tub" made by the ocean at low tide and we were one of maybe 10 people around. I'd stay here again - but you know how camping can change with new neighbors in an instant, so ymmv. 20150621_182613_zpse594bd2f.jpg

No matter what I tell you, you will still be a little weirded out when you pull in because there are a lot of campers and sites here, but we have had no issues. And if you research about this place you will see tons about the golf cart parade, but we have had no problems with it, just ask for a site a few in from the beach. Oh and I learned that a site with your door facing inland will allow you to use your awning because of the beach wind. There is a camping world, wal mart super, wal mart neighborhood market, beach shops, a crab leg buffet, a locksmith that makes rv keys and beach stores and fireworks all within a 3 mile stretch. Not to mention myrtle state park, lakewood amd ocean lakes campgrounds, but they look even more cramped. Try it out, it is fun, and it's just something we did on a whim.

They look good. No shelter though

Thank you.  I saw (on the description) that they did not have a shelter...but they do have concrete pads and are a pull through so no neighbor at the back of your camper??  Any chance you could shoot me a quick pic, I'll PM you my cell number... in case that's easier ;)

I'd love to but we successfully made it to the FORT!

No worries!  I sent you a PM earlier saying that they had no pull-through spots for the time we're going so.. we picked another and we'll be there mid-August :)   Thanks again for the help and... have a MAGICAL time at the Fort!!