Rumor: Plastic Cheese Leaving Condiment Bars?

I fear this news from the Disney Food Blog may cause a full-scale revolution...

News: Disney World Plastic Cheese Sauce Removed From Condiment Bars

June 21, 2015 By AJ

Say it ain’t so…

plastic-cheese-Cosmic-Rays.jpg

Plastic Cheese dispenser

Seriously? My beloved PLASTIC CHEESE (otherwise known as “Hot Cheese Sauce,” but whatever…) will no longer be offered on Disney World Counter Service restaurant condiment bars?!

As much as it pains me to say it, it DOES look like the rumors are true. At least for now.

plastic-cheese-pecos-bill-600x400.jpg

Onion Rings and Plastic Cheese

We got word of confirmation from DFB readers Michelle Layfield and Disneyfied Ash via twitter early this afternoon that the cheese vats are empty at Cosmic Ray’s and Casey’s. We haven’t double checked yet, but we’re guessing it’s also gone at Pecos Bill’s and other counter-service locations around Walt Disney World.

CICgjOoVAAEDxbN-001-469x625.jpg

Empty Plastic Cheese Container at Casey’s Corner

We did find out, however, that the plastic cheese IS available behind the counter, so you can ask for it. But I’m not sure if that’s a long-term option, or just until the current stock of cheese runs out.

plastic-cheese-2-500x333.jpg

Dipping French Fry in Plastic Cheese!

Here’s the deal: you may still see plastic cheese in some spots here and there… for now. But word on the street is, “When it’s gone, it’s gone.” One of our readers was told by a cast member that it was taken away because it was so messy, but other rumors have it connected to the plastic cheese lawsuit that occurred a few years ago.

Maybe the truth will come out at some point, but in the meantime, I’m drowning my sorrows in a side of Vintage Irish Cheese and Bacon Dip over at Cookes of Dublin if you’d like to join me. ;-D

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/06/21/news-disney-world-plastic-cheese-sauce-removed-from-condiment-bars

It will probably always be available behind the counter  when you "PURCHASE" something.  It will just stop the  "FREELOADERS" from getting a free lunch.

Just like the other night we went to Old Country Buffet with Pooh4me and hubby. A lady bought, I assume, a carryout diner and walked out the door with at least 15 pcs of chicken and a batch of rice in the box, it wouldn't even close.

It will probably always be available behind the counter  when you "PURCHASE" something.  It will just stop the  "FREELOADERS" from getting a free lunch.

Just like the other night we went to Old Country Buffet with Pooh4me and hubby. A lady bought, I assume, a carryout diner and walked out the door with at least 15 pcs of chicken and a batch of rice in the box, it wouldn't even close.

A lot of buffets have gone to charging by weight for carryout, so they don't care what you stuff in the containers.

We were reading about this last night and it led us to the hot cheese lawsuit that DFB mentions in their article, saying that could be a possible reason for removing the hot cheese.

We had never heard about the lawsuit but I guess a family sued Disney over the hot cheese and it led to some good laughs reading all the comments.  It sounds like a little boy tried to drink the sauce and burned his lip so this family claimed he spilled it on himself and they sued over it.  The suit was just settled recently with Disney paying $50,000, it said the $50k was cheaper than going to court, ridiculous.

WBI

We were reading about this last night and it led us to the hot cheese lawsuit that DFB mentions in their article, saying that could be a possible reason for removing the hot cheese.

We had never heard about the lawsuit but I guess a family sued Disney over the hot cheese and it led to some good laughs reading all the comments.  It sounds like a little boy tried to drink the sauce and burned his lip so this family claimed he spilled it on himself and they sued over it.  The suit was just settled recently with Disney paying $50,000, it said the $50k was cheaper than going to court, ridiculous.

WBI

Also probably cheaper than making the HOT CHEESE signs in 20 different languages for all of the sites!

I fear this news from the Disney Food Blog may cause a full-scale revolution...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/06/21/news-disney-world-plastic-cheese-sauce-removed-from-condiment-bars

It was Michelle Obama and her food police that got it removed!

First they attacked French fries, then soda, now your beloved 100% artificial (but oh so good tasting) cheese sauce.

Next they will be going after hot dogs and beer!

WBI

I saw that too.  The family claimed that the then-4-year-old was on an "unsteady chair" and grabbed the tray and dumped it onto himself. They also originally claimed he was permanently scarred, but the recent court documents supposedly say he's completely healed.  uh huh...

But as you said, paying them off was likely cheaper than seeing it through court.

I do wonder if that's really what's behind this new rumor though, since they're saying you can still get this stuff, you just have to ask for it.

So parents of unsteady toddlers everywhere... BEWARE!

I wonder if you get a check from Disney for something like that if it comes with a we no longer need your business letter? Does anyone remember the little punk who tried to take Tiggers head off a few years ago? The father was like what are you doing then when the cm pushed the kid off him the dad went into he hit you mode. One time I got startled because a firework went off. I guess I missed my chance at a lawsuit. People make me sick doing this crap. Not that they weren't already going to charge more but I'm sure frivolous lawsuits are taken into accountability during the hikes.