We are celebrating a birthday this year at Disney for my 7 year old.  She wants to eat at Splitsville Lanes and go bowling on her birthday   :huh:.  Any good advice on whether to order a cake or just visit a bakery?  Are their cakes good or do they just taste like thawed frozen cake?  She is definitely a princess kind of fancy girl. I keep researching it but I keep getting more and more confused!

I ordered a cake from the Disney cake peoples and it was REALLY good.  It was REALLY pricey though.  I had it delivered to Trails End and I picked it up.  My son's birthday is over Thanksgiving so we had a double holiday so to speak.  The people on the phone are super nice and they are super helpful.  They cater to your every need.  Now, I really didn't need a whole lot, but they can do whatever you want.  Call them and see.

Call the Cake-Ordering Hotline at 407-827-2253.

Will you have a car?  There is a Walmart and a Publix not too far from the Fort.  Won't be as fancy, but if you want a cake... maybe that would be an option?

Also, typically the birthday girl/boy gets a cupcake (you have to tell them it's their birthday); at least that has been the case at the restaurants we've been in.  They are not fancy, but it's an option for the Happy Birthday song (which the staff does not sing)... as is buying a fancy cupcake for your daughter.

Have fun!  We took our daughter on a surprise WDW trip for her 7th :)    Enjoy!

Hmmmm. I think even the ones at the boardwalk bakery seem really cute, but if I were turning 7 I would want some theme on there. My only fear is paying a ton of money for something that tastes like plastic fondant. Was the Mickey head good?

Yes, it was good.

You can also order a mini cake that is good for 2 people. They recreated our wedding cake for our 10th anniversary. I think it was $35.

Really?  A small wedding cake for $35??   We'll celebrate our 17th the day before we leave... maybe we should do that  :)