We are just a few weeks away from our first trip to the fort with our new pop-up. We will be there for 10 days from July 18th till the 28th. We reserved a preferred site, can't do premium this time around. However, after reading a bunch of posts on here I'm beginning to worry that I might have made a bad choice. I am seeing posts about tight spots that are close together. 

So some opinions please on whether we should change to a full hook up site or stay with the preferred site? And is there still time for me to change it or am I stuck?

Thanks in advance!

Christine

We are just a few weeks away from our first trip to the fort with our new pop-up. We will be there for 10 days from July 18th till the 28th. We reserved a preferred site, can't do premium this time around. However, after reading a bunch of posts on here I'm beginning to worry that I might have made a bad choice. I am seeing posts about tight spots that are close together. 

So some opinions please on whether we should change to a full hook up site or stay with the preferred site? And is there still time for me to change it or am I stuck?

Thanks in advance!

Christine

With a pop up camper you should be fine it is more an issue for large 5th wheels, Travel Trailers and class A's

Thanks in advance!

Christine

I think you'll be fine.  We always stay in a preferred site.  We have a 24' travel trailer and have no problems.

WELCOME!!

and yes, you'll be fine in a preferred site. Big rigs DO get in those sites, but it's hard to back into some of them, but as others said, a popup will be EASY!

This. We have a 42' fifth wheel and find that parking can be tricky. Basically, we hope and pray that the sit across from us is unoccupied or they're around and can move vehicles. :D With a pop-up, I doubt there is a spot that you couldn't get into.

We love the preferred sites. The 200 loop is our favorite. Make sure you send in a site request form. We have never been in the 300 loop. It is slightly further from the marina. Of course that only matters if you don't have a gc. If by some freak chance they give you site 110. Request a different site as this was the only site we have ever hated being in.