Disney Quest Closing to make way for NBA Experience

• 4 weeks later...
I was just pricing sites out for February's 5k. They're still touting DisneyQuest:

Add tickets to upgrade to a Magic Your Way Package and enjoy Magical Extras such as 2 admissions to DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park and 2 rounds of miniature golf (before 4:00 PM)!

Odd, I was pricing tickets directly off of their site last week and the water park and more option no longer shows Disney quest in the list of things included.

I admit I know next to nothing about Disney Quest or its origins, so I'm not sure how much of this is fact and how much is speculation to make a good article.  Either way it's interesting...

Disney's First Failed Theme Park is Closing for Good. This is Why.Submitted by Dakota Gardner on Sunday, August 2, 2015 12:06

What if you could take Walt Disney World – with all its magic, thrills, and adventure – and pack it up into a box? What if you could take that box anywhere? What if you could experience those unique attractions in Chicago? Or Philadelphia? Or Atlanta? Or Seattle?

What if you could visit Walt Disney World without actually having to visit Walt Disney World?

That was the dream of DisneyQuest.

Full article...

http://www.themeparktourist.com/features/20150801/30456/requiem-disneyquest-how-disney-tried-reinvent-theme-park-and-where-it-went

To make this new area authentic, they will have to set aside space for the NBA criminal justice wing. Based on recent activity, the NFL and a couple of college football teams could co sponsor.

Think about all the video footage they could use of pro basketball players / refs loose interpretation of the traveling rule....fascinating stuff.

Yay Disney

There has been a restaurant/sports bar at Universal Studios called NBA City for years.  Do you know anyone who's ever been?

I've just seen reports that NBA City at Universal CityWalk is no longer appearing on the guide maps.

UO tweeted this back in June...

Several months ago, we decided not to renew the lease for NBA City so we could create an exciting, new concept for that space. We'll announce the new concept soon – and it will join all the other great experiences we’ve opened at CityWalk. NBA City closes in late August.