We were at Disney Springs yesterday. When we were heading to get on the Fort Wilderness bus, we were asked if we were staying there. They said they were checking Magic Bands to all Magic Kingdom area resorts because the Magic Kingdom was at capacity.

Ah... that must be what's happening.  Just got this from Jen...

"The busses are running from the far East side only and we were approached first thing when we walked up to the bus area by cm's.  They told us to have our bands out if we were going to mk."

We were at Disney Springs yesterday. When we were heading to get on the Fort Wilderness bus, we were asked if we were staying there. They said they were checking Magic Bands to all Magic Kingdom area resorts because the Magic Kingdom was at capacity.

What are you supposed to do if you are like the wife and myself who don't carry our MB's with us everyplace we go? I hate to think we could get stuck at DTD just because we didn't have MB's with us.

What are you supposed to do if you are like the wife and myself who don't carry our MB's with us everyplace we go? I hate to think we could get stuck at DTD just because we didn't have MB's with us.

These days, and especially during the crazybusy weeks like this, it's probably best to keep them on you.

These days, and especially during the crazybusy weeks like this, it's probably best to keep them on you.

I guess it's good we don't go during crazy times or the summer (Mad dogs & Englishmen and all that). I hate wearing things on my wrist and when we go out Rene frequently leaves to purse behind and only carries her id and credit card. Oh for the flat cards days before MB's.

Ah... that must be what's happening.  Just got this from Jen...

"The busses are running from the far East side only and we were approached first thing when we walked up to the bus area by cm's.  They told us to have our bands out if we were going to mk."

That is interesting.  I'm pretty sure the 29th (around lunch time) is when we rode the boat to MK and got on the monorail and stopped at the Poly & GF.  Not once did someone ask to see our MB or where we were staying.  Maybe because we were already at MK area?  There was a lady with some kids and another lady on the monorail talking on her cell to someone and she seemed shell shocked.  She said at least 4 times "this is crazy," and said something about being stuck at Starbucks for an hour. I hadn't heard about any closures and wondered if she was turned away. I think they got off at the TTC stop.

The 31st is when we went on the monorail tour with our friends.  We again rode the boat to the MK and got on the resort monorail there.  We got to MK about 1:30 or so, and there was basically 1-2 people at each bag check station, so I knew then there must've been some kind level of closure going on.

I took my grandsons to the MK on the 29th. We ate breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL and took the boat to MK. As we approached the MK dock, the boat driver told us to be very patient, get & use FPs, and take advantage of the free ice water available from the counter service restaurants. It was about 10AM and the bag check lines were jammed, but we went in thru the no bag entrance. It took us 20 minutes to get back to Buzz Lightyear, our first FP, & we made it with a minute to spare. The standby wait time was close to 60 minutes. Next we rode the people mover until our FPs for 7DMT started. While on the people mover, Space Mountain went down and we got some video of the inside with the lights on. Pretty cool. Next we did 7DMT & the standby time was 105 minutes. I also noticed that Mickey's Philharmagic had a 30 minute wait time, which I think is very unusual.

After eating lunch at Pinocchio Haus the boys voted to bag our last FP for BTM & leave the park. It was about 1PM and the bag check area was almost empty. I don't think I've ever been in the MK during Christmas week, & I doubt I'll do it again.