Which Dinner Show would you pick and then WHY?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which Dinner Show would you pick and then WHY?

• Spirit of Aloha
    • Mickey's Backyard BBQ
    • Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Reveu

I've never been to the BYBBQ, but have been to Aloha & HDDR several times.  They are both very good and very entertaining. Aloha slightly edges out HDDR only because I can get beer & BBQ anytime I want.  The meal at Aloha is unique and yummy, and so are the drinks. But that is an "old lady's" viewpoint.  The kids would probably enjoy the HDDR more.

HDDR is inside and not subject to weather extremes, food is good at all of them. Backyard BBQ was more like a company picnic and too crowded for any interaction with the characters and I dont dance.

Having said that, I would do any of the them again in a heartbeat !

I'd have to go with Spirit of Aloha just by a hair over the Hoop-dee-doo Revue. While I truly love six bits and his gang, my kids love the dancing and fire twirler at Aloha.

Never been to the Backyard BBQ myself, but I've heard it can be overly crowded and the character interactions can be less then ideal.

I used to like the Polynesian Luau best, but sometime when they changed it to the Spirit of Aloha, they ditched the free all you could stand, frozen drinks. So now the HDDR & Aloha are about equal to me.

Exactly! I could stand 4, don't remember much of the show but we enjoyed it  :( However for great fun for the whole family you can't beat the Hoop de Doo. The food is more kid friendly and the show is ahoot.gif

I vote for HDDR! It's a lot of fun, especially for the kids. The food is good, and it's in the fort! I hate leaving once I'm there. I haven't done Aloha in about 25 years, but I wasn't impressed as a teenager. Never done the bbq as I don't have any "kids" and it seemed more kid-like with characters. I think everyone in your group would enjoy HDDR!! :rofl2:

I voted Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue for best with kids. We like the Spirit of Aloha as well as HDDR.

Tip: If you dive over to the poly, don't leave anything of value visible in the car. Last time we went, widow got busted out and radar detector was stolen.

I would recommend the Hoop Dee Doo Revue as it would probably appeal to everyone.

We've been to the BBQ..and I would recommend that for folks with very young children. Little ones don't have to remain in their seats and they get to dance about. We had terrific interaction with the characters. So much so that at the end of the show they all came out and danced about with the guests to the country music played by a live band. No one swarmed the characters  as they had plenty of time prior to that to get autographs and pics. This was over ten years ago, so perhaps things have changed since we went.

I would love to the give the Spirit of Aloha another shot. We saw this close to twenty years ago. We saw the earlier seating, which at that time was a Mickey/Minnie Polynesian show. I don't even think they offer that version anymore. The drinks were free..(but they were terrible, and not worth the effort of sucking them up through the straw!) Maybe they were soured or something.  It was also very hot, as it was August. If we were to do this again, I'd go to a evening show. When the show was over you had to line up (very long lines) in the 100 degree heat to see Mickey and Minnie. If we wanted to do that we could have waited on line in the park and not paid for the dinner.

All that being said, some twenty years later I would like to see the new (to me) Spirit of Aloha. We LOVE  :banana: the Polynesian resort and from what I've read it sounds like something we'd enjoy.

• 5 weeks later...

If price is a measure of which is the best dinner show, the Luau wins @ $68, HDDR @ $64 is second, MBYBBQ comes in third @ $51.

From the feedback that I've gotten over the years, HDDR is the most popular.

I've done the Luaua 3 times and the HDDR more times than I can remember. Never done the BBQ. Only because it was never operating when we were there. Hands down HDDR wins. The food is much better. Now if they improved the menua at the Luaua it would be a toss up :banana: