I suspect most people are indifferent as to which site they are assigned.

I am curious what the email looks like, if it includes directions or just the room/site number like the hotels.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

My email/txt message for my direct to room included a link to the resort map. It would probably work the same way at the Fort.

I personally would mind direct to site but I am happy to be pretty much anywhere at the Fort

Welcome, JASON!

Don’t forget, if you already have your MagicBand, you can go directly to your room without stopping at the front desk! Our Bell Services team will be available to assist you with your luggage upon arrival Your Disney Resorthotel: Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter Your Resort area: Downtown Disney Resort Area Your room number: 7226 Your room location: 2nd Floor Building 7

Click here to view a map of your Resort hotel.

Need Help?

If you have further questions, please visit your Resort Front Desk.

This message was sent because you asked to receive Disney Resort Room alerts via email. If you no longer wish to receive these email alerts, please contact your Resort Front Desk.

That didnt keep the formatting when I copied it over but thats the wording anyway. 

Here is the link they included for the map of the resort which does have the buildings labeled. 

http://images.disneyparks.com/media/ys/nge_sits/resort_maps/80010398.pdf?CMR=113.2.6008.33650.1/?CMR=

I would love that option.  I have only checked in maybe 2 times that took less than 20 minutes.  Most times it's 45 or longer.  I always seem to get behind THAT guest that has 1000 questions or argues that the site  2 spaces over would be soooo much better.  I can see how it would limit their ability to rearrange assignments. But I don't think a lot of people would use this option.  There are a lot of restrictions tied to the service.  If my trips were not so short I guess check in would not seem as bad but when you only have 2 or 3 days you want to get right to it.