Loop/campsite request for first timer trying to do it right!

My family and I have been to WDW but have stayed off property in a rental.  This time we are dragging our kids (7 & 11) and our newest toy all the way from Indiana for 10 nights in October.  Our TT is 32' with 2 slides, one on each side. 

Our plan is to drive almost the whole way down on day 1 and stop in north FL for a nights rest and get to the fort early the next morning.  My questions are most likely answered somewhere else in this forum, but after reading through hours of threads, I am more confused than ever!

We have reserved a preferred loop campsite (premiums for some reason weren't available), and we are just over 60 days from heading out. 

I gather that the preferred sites are in loops 100, 200 & 300. We will not be bringing our very bark-y puppy, so I would prefer to just not be in the pet loop at all.....  so 100/200 seem to be pretty much the same.  Are there any specific sites that we should request or specifically exclude (noise/traffic/proximity of neighbors)?

Also, is there a site/pdf/mailer/whathaveyou that depicts the actual campsites with their numbers, not just the not-so-informational map that I can see from the WDW site?  I think that, coupled with any insight that you guys can provide, would go a long way to easing my nervousness about being crammed into an undesirable lot.

We didn't really plan on renting a cart (boys, DW and I all plan on being bike riders), but if we decide to for one day, is availability an issue? 

I thank you in advance for your responses.  The Fort Fiends site is wonderful, and I have learned quite a bit already. 

Ivan

Click on the info tab at the top, then go into the site map section. There are links in there for maps with site numbers, pictures with sizes and descriptions of about 99% of the sites, a link to a video tour of all the sites with site numbers listed, and a link to google earth with a fort fort map link.

And welcome.

I don't know much about those loops, we stay in the two partial loops.

We didn't really plan on renting a cart (boys, DW and I all plan on being bike riders), but if we decide to for one day, is availability an issue? 

It shouldn't be a big issue during the week in October. Weekends, and specifically Halloween may be another story.  In those cases I'd call to reserve one, although Halloween could quite possibly be sold out already.

Sites in the 100-300 loops are smaller than sites in the premium areas.  You will be closer to neighbors, but there is generally some space/vegetation between the sites top provide some measure of separation.  I am surprised you found no premium sites available since there are so many more premium loops than preferred.  You might call and ask again, or contact or the mighty TA, Jason, to do some free work for you in this regard.  If he doesn't chime in here, his ad in to the right of some of the index pages.

I've gone back to check about the upgrade.  I will call them directly later, but for now I'm ok with a smaller site, just want to be sure I don't get "THAT" campsite that everyone dreads.  Thanks again guys!  If anyone else has stayed in these loops and has a specific campsite number to request/decline, I would really appreciate it!  Cheers!

Ivan

• 2 weeks later...

We did not reserve a golf cart ahead of time for our Aug trip.  We decided after two days at the fort ( on a Mon. morning Aug.10th) it would be fun and nice to have after our late night returns.  No problem with availability.  It was pretty crowded at the fort that week, so I don't think Oct time frame would be any different.