Disney Magic Kingdoms Mobile Game

D23 Expo 2015: Disney Magic Kingdoms mobile game announced, letting fans build a virtual Disney theme park

Posted on

August 16, 2015

by Ricky Brigante

disney-magic-kingdoms.jpg

Disney Interactive surprised fans at the D23 Expo 2015 with the announcement of Disney Magic Kingdoms, an upcoming mobile game in the style of Roller Coaster Tycoon that will allow players to build their own Disney theme park.

The game was introduced at the event by Walt Disney Imagineer Tom Morris.

Starting with a castle, players can add and customize familiar attractions, like Space Mountain, Astro Orbiter, California Screamin, Princess Fairytale Hall and many more.

Screen-Shot-2015-08-16-at-2.33.16-PM-630

Screen-Shot-2015-08-16-at-2.29.21-PM-630

But the game will also feature a story, with Disney villains battling alongside Disney heroes.

The mobile game will be coming soon to iOS and Android devices.

Check back later for more details and video of the announcement.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2015/08/d23-expo-2015-disney-magic-kingdoms-mobile-game-announced-letting-fans-build-a-virtual-disney-theme-park/

• 7 months later...

From the Disney Parks Blog...

Build the Park of Your Dreams with New Disney Magic Kingdoms Mobile Game

Erin Glover

by Erin Glover, Editorial Content Director, Disneyland Resort

Have you ever dreamed of building your own Disney theme park? Now you can make that dream come true with Disney Magic Kingdoms! In this new game for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android and Windows Phone, you will embark on a mighty quest with Mickey Mouse and all his friends as they rescue the kingdom’s magic from evil.

Build the Park of Your Dreams with New Disney Magic Kingdoms Mobile Game

Disney Magic Kingdoms brings players to into the timeless world of Disney to experience magical moments from Disney Parks by building with classic attractions like Space Mountain, California Screamin’ and “it’s a small world” and sharing spectacular moments with beloved Disney characters from Disney●Pixar’s “Wall-E” and “Toy Story,” Disney’s “Tangled” and more.

Disney Magic Kingdoms is now available on the App Store and Google Play, and is expected to launch later today on Windows Store!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/03/build-the-park-of-your-dreams-with-new-disney-magic-kingdoms-mobile-game/

8 hours ago, ependydad...Doug said:

I first wasted some time on a Smurfs build your colony game. Then I wasted a TON of time on a Simpsons build your Springfield game. I'm not sure I had another build your Disney game in me...

SAME!

And yet...I just tried to download it, but my phone is too old.  I bet my son will want to give it a try, so I'll put it on his iPod so he can check it out.  

1 minute ago, ependydad...Doug said:

That's how all of these "build your village" games work. If you don't want to wait, there's always the $$$ option for berries/donuts/whatever Disney calls their in-game cash.

Which is just another reason why I don't play games.