Kali River Rapids Test - Animal Kingdom

Not exactly sure what this is "testing"...

Between September 27 and October 3, 2015, Guests riding Kali River Rapids at Disney's Animal Kingdom will not be permitted to store personal items on their ride vehicle. Guests will be able to use the complimentary lockers located just across from the attraction’s entrance to secure their belongings for the duration of the ride. This test will conclude on October 4, 2015. Starting from that day, Guests may be once again allowed to carry personal belongings on the ride.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/09/new-kali-river-rapids-test-at-disneys.html

I don't think there were ever complimentary lockers there.

They have them at the raft ride in DCA, and they're a good thing.

Why it took them 17 years to figure out that guests might like a place to stash their stuff I couldn't tell you.

TCD

I don't think there were ever complimentary lockers there.

They have them at the raft ride in DCA, and they're a good thing.

Why it took them 17 years to figure out that guests might like a place to stash their stuff I couldn't tell you.

TCD

I always thought WDW was brilliant to have that little plastic covered space in the center of the raft.  None of the other parks I've been to have that. Maybe I'm weird, but I'd rather just use that than lockers.

I always thought WDW was brilliant to have that little plastic covered space in the center of the raft.  None of the other parks I've been to have that. Maybe I'm weird, but I'd rather just use that than lockers.

It could be that it takes guests too long to load their stuff into that space, and get it back out at the end of the ride.

TCD

It could be that it takes guests too long to load their stuff into that space, and get it back out at the end of the ride.

TCD

They might also have had a lot of complaints from folks who forgot about their stuff and when they go back to retrieve it, it's gone. With lockers this likely wouldn't happen.

They should do a test on how I always get drenched when others in my family just get a few drops.

That's pure Disney Magic™ right there!

:rofl2:

They might also have had a lot of complaints from folks who forgot about their stuff and when they go back to retrieve it, it's gone. With lockers this likely wouldn't happen.

Very good point.