The wedding is in Oysterville, Ma and the reception is at The Beach Club Centerville, MA. We are staying at a quality inn in Hyannis (or something like that?).

We know nothing about that area, so any tips would be great!!

you do realize you have to drive by us to get to the Cape right?

The wedding is in Oysterville, Ma and the reception is at The Beach Club Centerville, MA. We are staying at a quality inn in Hyannis (or something like that?).

We know nothing about that area, so any tips would be great!!

Very nice! I believe the Beach Club is near Craigville Beach, which is nice.  You'll be in Hyannis which is probably the busiest/most congested place on the Cape.  But you won't lack for convenience, like places to eat.  Just be aware that route 28 (the main route) gets extremely busy in the summer so plan on leaving extra time when traveling on it.

Hyannis has plenty to do.  Take a walk down Main St., it's kind of old fashioned, some unique little shops.  Also nearby is the Kennedy museum.  It's small but gives a nice glimpse of the Kennedy's life on the Cape.  You can also take a duck tour, or a harbor tour, both out of Hyannis.  We've done both and enjoyed them.

Not sure how much extra time you'll have there but if you can make time for the National Seashore beaches which are out on the arm of the Cape, heading towards Provincetown, they really are beautiful.  Just be aware that the seal population has exploded which means they've had a lot of great white shark sightings in the past few years.  The beaches did close a few times this summer.

Chatham is another quaint little town, with a nice center to walk through.  Be sure to seek out the Chatham Lighthouse.  If you find yourself in Dennisport, you must stop at Sundae School for ice cream.  We love it.

If you have any questions just ask!  And enjoy, the Cape is really beautiful and unique.

I'll take some hints and must do's as well. We are camping at Sweetwater Forest in Brewster, MA from July 13-19 next summer. One day is set aside for Thomasland in Edaville and the rest are wde open for things to do.

Best Regards,

Norm

I'm not familiar with that campground but I believe Brewster in on the bayside, which is really nice.  I think the water is warmer and when the tides go out there are little tide pools. We like Mayflower beach in Dennis.

Besides what I posted above, it sounds like you'll have kids with you if you are going to Edaville.  Not sure of their ages but the Sandwich Heritage Museum just opened an adventure park with zip lines and rope courses.  We went for the day and really enjoyed it.  There's a big inflatable water slide park on route 28, might be Hyannis, not sure.

You will be going off the Cape to go to Edaville so be aware of the bridge traffic, depending on when you go.  If you don't mind going off Cape, Plimoth Plantation is pretty cool, in Plymouth MA.  It's a recreated settlement and all the actors stay in character as their pilgrim counterparts.  Thankfully they also have recreated some aspects of the native Americans also.  Plymouth harbor is nice, you'll see the Mayflower, Plymouth Rock.  East Bay Grille is a good restaurant there, and Cupcake Charlie's (also on the Cape, at Mashpee Commons) is good.

A whale watch is fun.  We go out of Provincetown. We also try to get to the drive in theatre in Wellfleet. 

Same goes for you, any questions just ask.

I'm not familiar with that campground but I believe Brewster in on the bayside, which is really nice.  I think the water is warmer and when the tides go out there are little tide pools. We like Mayflower beach in Dennis.

Besides what I posted above, it sounds like you'll have kids with you if you are going to Edaville.  Not sure of their ages but the Sandwich Heritage Museum just opened an adventure park with zip lines and rope courses.  We went for the day and really enjoyed it.  There's a big inflatable water slide park on route 28, might be Hyannis, not sure.

You will be going off the Cape to go to Edaville so be aware of the bridge traffic, depending on when you go.  If you don't mind going off Cape, Plimoth Plantation is pretty cool, in Plymouth MA.  It's a recreated settlement and all the actors stay in character as their pilgrim counterparts.  Thankfully they also have recreated some aspects of the native Americans also.  Plymouth harbor is nice, you'll see the Mayflower, Plymouth Rock.  East Bay Grille is a good restaurant there, and Cupcake Charlie's (also on the Cape, at Mashpee Commons) is good.

A whale watch is fun.  We go out of Provincetown. We also try to get to the drive in theatre in Wellfleet. 

Same goes for you, any questions just ask.

Thanks, yes we will have a 9, 7, and 3 year old and my brother will have a 7 year old. We are thinking about going to Plymouth and the traffic situation is why we are arriving on a Wednesday and leaving on a Tuesday. Also hoping to catch a baseball game as well.

Best Regards,

Norm

Why?

We've done 4 parks in a day lots of times. It's not hard to do at all. Certainly not impossible.

TCD

Earliest a park opens is 9am, our flight leaves at 10:30 pm, so ME will probably pick us up around 7, so we need to leave the parks by 5:30. So 8.5 hours to hit 4 parks with 2 kids, and eat at least one QS which isn't always fast because of needing to talk to a chef. Doesn't seem possible?

Earliest a park opens is 9am, our flight leaves at 10:30 pm, so ME will probably pick us up around 7, so we need to leave the parks by 5:30. So 8.5 hours to hit 4 parks with 2 kids, and eat at least one QS which isn't always fast because of needing to talk to a chef. Doesn't seem possible?

I hit 3 parks, including lunch at Casey's and prime FOF viewing at MK the Sunday before last.  I didn't have two small children holding me back, but 4 parks in 8.5 hours is totally doable.

As long as we aren't dead tired, we are going to try and get it done.

That's the spirit! You will get it done!

Are you back TCD??

Sadly, yes. Got in late last night.

Great trip, though.

TCD